By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Still Think Wii Can Reach 50% Marketshare By End of 08?

At this point it is at 48.3% It will only go up from thei for now, but do you really think it still has a chance to reach 50%

Does anyone have any math to show how it can do it?

^_^

Around the Network

Not a chance.... not unless the 360 falls to PS3 sales levels.

And even then, with only 5 weeks left it would be a close race. (say PS3 sells another 2.5 million, and 360 the same.... that would put the HD twins total to almost 47 million, which is a figure I don't think the Wii can quite manage)

As it is though, it has no chance, because if PS3 sells a further 2.5 million, 360 will sell another 4, which puts the PS360 total to almost 48.5 million.

It was always very unlikely it would reach it in 08. The people who thought it would were mostly making math errors (such as assuming the percentage increase per week would remain constant with the same sales level).

February 2009.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i don't think so in 08...it will most likely in 2009, but depends on how well 360 continues to sell and when/if the PS3 gets a price cut

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Unless the 360 kills it's self then no. I will say mid Feb it will...

Former something....

Around the Network

No. But It should be very close. around 49,5%

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

No way. The Wii only made a gain of 160K over its competitors even in Black Friday. That should answer your question.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

It will never happen. A better question is what date the Wii will drop to the 30s in % market share. I will say by the end of 2010 at the latest. A new home console debut would increase the likelihood of this happening of course.

Infinity said:
It will never happen. A better question is what date the Wii will drop to the 30s in % market share. I will say by the end of 2010 at the latest. A new home console debut would increase the likelihood of this happening of course.

How many units do you think the Wii will have sold by then (end of 2010) worldwide?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It won't break 49%