By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS3 is the new DS

deathcape said:
well Staude...

you're missing the point entirely
the PS3 is not innovative at all it copied the Wii with motion sensing and badly too
the sixaxis is not innovative..it's just a natural evolution of control input

the Wiimote and Nunchuck are different, since they are used as the main principle
and completely reinvent how to play games..that is innovative

what else would you like to mention..I can't see anything on the PS3 as REvolutionary..or innovative

only things that are EVolutionary.. and if you don't believe me..you could always look at sales..

the DS though..is also innovative in how you play the games..the screens COULD be used to compliment the regular controls, but are often used as their OWN controls scheme..

again..REvolutionary..so..innovative..reinventing the wheel

not saying the PS3 blows or anything..just that it's not innovative

First of all sony had a patent that had the same looking motion system the wii is using now in 2004. So going by your logic, even if sony didn't use it for a product nintendo must have copied it !

Second, The sixaxis is innovative as it evolves the way you play games. If you want to refere to it as evolution thats fine, but it's still innovative... Sony didn't steal the motion sensing from nintendo either. You can't make the controller in 1 day + the software to run it etc, nomatter what you might believe. :\ I mean, comon, get those fanboy goggles off.

Like i said previously, sony has a patent since 2004 that did the same things (even had the motion bar cept it was placed below the tv, not above) Furthermore, the wiimote and nunchuck doesn't so at all what they were supposed to. They allow you to waggle your mote to create some sort of motion. I wouldn't call that innovative but rather a waste of resources. Nintendo promised true motion sensing and they Failed. Yes i'll say it, because if they hadn't they wouldn't be bringing motion + to the market. They even said they chose not to because they didn't wanna because they didn't want to take a hit for the consumers.

The Pseye can do everything the wiimote and the nunchuck can... AND MORE ! and a version of this was out with the ps2, so obviously nintendo stole their ideas for the wii from sony !!11 zomg (yes i know how rediculous that sounds, i'm trying to behave like some of you, cept replace sony with nintendo and vice versa)

Next time read through my post, maybe i missed your point but then you most certainly didn't bother to read what i actually wrote.

You can't claim the pseye isn't a innovation. It's the next step in motion sensing and it came out before the wii.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
markers said:
he used the ds because when the ds first was released it struggled. but after the dslite hit it soared like a mofo.

basically its a sound comparison, the ps3 is struggling, some say, in its first 2 years. and devs are just now getting the hang of it and a price cut is just around the corner (and heck maybe slim model around the corner after you round the first corner to the price cut)

those who say insert wii in said place doesnt make since. the wii hasnt struggled one bit. he wants to know if the ps3 can make a turn around like the ds did

Someone who talks at least some sense and knows what the poster means without putting on its trol suit. I see where you going at ... if the PS3 manages to slim in size and get a price break wel'll see a (huge) raise in sales. Basically (at one part) happened to the DS. Plus, indeed, 3rd party developers are more getting the hang of the structure of the PS3 in development.

Wii is surely innovative but not as innovative as the PS3 is and a lot of people has already mentioned "why" so I don't feel like explaining myself as most already have done that for me

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

YES, of`course, beginning with 2009,
when MOST AAA PS3 tittles wil be available and with PS3 at 299$.

KillZone 2
Yakuza 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
God of War 3
InFamous
Uncharted 2
Quantum Theory
Final Fantasy XIII
White Knight Chronicles
Demon`s Soul
Final Fantasy XIII:versus
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Bayonetta
MAG
Agency
Ico 3
Wardevil
Eyepet
Heavenly Sword 2

Who won`t buy PS3 at 299$, when so much great games will be available on PS3?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:
YES, of`course, beginning with 2009,
when MOST AAA PS3 tittles wil be available and with PS3 at 299$.

KillZone 2
Yakuza 3
Heavy Rain
Gran Turismo 5
God of War 3
InFamous
Uncharted 2
Quantum Theory
Final Fantasy XIII
White Knight Chronicles
Demon`s Soul
Final Fantasy XIII:versus
Tekken 6
Resident Evil 5
Bayonetta
MAG
Agency
Ico 3
Wardevil
Eyepet
Heavenly Sword 2

Who won`t buy PS3 at 299$, when so much great games will be available on PS3?

well... all the same people who havent bought one as it is currently? havent you learnt your lesson yet? every single game/ first week sales/ month sales/ whatever that you have made a prediction for, you have horribly over-estimated.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

According to history, the ps3 and the Wii will have there best year in 2009 and the xbox just finished its best year. The 3rd year is the best for the consoles.

For the people arguing about innovation. Motion control has been out for a long time. My son has plug in play games from 2003 and 2004 that use the same technology as the Wiimote. So sorry Wii fans, the Wii did not invent motion control. The Wii is decade old technology. How can that be innovative? Nintendo updated the GC and gave it new periphials, this is resourceful, but not innovative.