By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavenly Sword is pretty damn short!

RolStoppable said:

Nobody commenting on my F-Zero lap record? Meh.

I will:
DAMN
And to think that I sometimes still have trouble just getting through that damn track in one piece.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

after reading all the speed runs I almost forgot what this thread was about.

Sure the game might be 12-15 hours but that is probably for a good skilled gamer. Most average gamers and people that like to enjoy their games will take longer.

Like RE4 when I played it first time I spent a lot of time just running around areas exploring for hidden things (ie boxes and barrels). I think i racked up about 16hours in RE4 just by exploring lol.

RolStoppable,

do u consider urself as a hardcoregamer ?

do u spe,d lot of time to train ? or it is just experiment (years of playing video games) ?

Time to Work !

I have to support Rol. Speed runers are some of the most talented gamers out there. I finished God of War in 9 hours on my first time playing on spartan., so a skilled player can finish the game in 6 hours. There is a speed run for the game in 2:17.

Legend has been an $%&(&* lately. He starts random threads with FUD content in both Nintendo and Sony areas. After people prove him wrong, he just say something in the line of: "Maybe I was mistaken". When the thread degenerates into a flame war he says "Sorry that was not my intent" and leaves. After that Sony or Nintendo fanboys keep the thread alive attacking each other. I can take this, after all the fanboys that keep posting on these threads are at fault.

The major problem is that Legend thinks he can attack anyone that disagrees with him. Sometimes he attacks users that are not even disagreeing with him. One PS3 fan was being honest with the problems he had with the 360 and Legend demanded proof that he had a 360. Someone said on another thread that Halo 3 would sell no matter what and he started saying that bad games like Mario Party usually sell well just because they have a brand. He attacked me once stating that I had no chance of graduating (based on my profile) just because I posted on a 360 RROD thread. Everytime someone posts info that he dislikes he asks for proof even when he knows it is the truth.

The point is that he makes too many assumptions on the users thoughs. If someone dislikes Halo or have problems with their 360, they are just stupid fanboys trolling. In Legend minds no one can honestly dislike a game he loves. I bet that he had not played God of War at all, he wanted a excuse to attack Rol (who in his mind was bashing a non-Nintendo game). First thing, he took the claim that HL is longer than GOW like Rol was saying it was better. Then he made as assumption that short games are bad. When Rol told him that he was a fast gamer and could finish Zelda in 30 hours (1st playthrough I think), Legend saw that as Zelda TP is 6X better than GOW. After being an ass and everyone telling him that he was wrong he just concluded that they are all Nintendo fanboys. The problem was all in his head to beggin with.

He is like a Don Quijote fighting a imaginary Dragon. When someone tell him it is a windmill he just gets angry and answer that they can not see them because they are biased fanboys. I hope that mods at least send him a warning.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
I have to support Rol. Speed runers are some of the most talented gamers out there. I finished God of War in 9 hours on my first time playing on spartan., so a skilled player can finish the game in 6 hours. There is a speed run for the game in 2:17.

It wasn't about speed runners.  The original article in this thread was talking about the average time it would take to finish HS (12-15 hours).  Rol then comes in and says the game is twice as long as GoW even though the average time of GoW is around the same length of time (12-15 hours).  It doesn't matter how much time it took Rol, if someone else was the fastest person alive at GoW and somehow finished it in 3 hours would it make sense for them to come into this thread and say HS is 4 - 5 times longer?

About the rest of your post.  Whenever I say "I must have been mistaken" it usually means that I give up trying to argue something because those I'm arguing with are not using logic and have instead resorted to emotions and fanboyism.  As for asking people if they own Xbox 360s when I see people complaining about it, well that's sadly because in my experience the majority of the people I came across doing that don't own one.  Yes one person I asked was able to prove he did own one but that doesn't discount the fact that others disappeared or simply refused to provide any proof.  One of the other people I asked turned out to be a Gballzack sockpuppet claiming to own one but in fact didn't.

As for Halo, I see many threads and people bashing it and it seems like many of them have never actually tried it multiplayer or even single player for that matter.  They also seem to accuse it of being more of the same dispite the fact that many of the biggest games coming out are sequels and that many of the people bashing it for being more of the same then play up another game like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, does that make any sense to you?

Anyways I am not a Don Quixote because what I'm fighting is very real and that is ignorance and bias.  If someone is going to say something that is blatantly wrong then there's a good chance I'll call them on it.

Around the Network

Please lock this thread, it's gone far off topic.

Legend11 said:
ItsaMii said:

It wasn't about speed runners. The original article in this thread was talking about the average time it would take to finish HS (12-15 hours). Rol then comes in and says the game is twice as long as GoW even though the average time of GoW is around the same length of time (12-15 hours). It doesn't matter how much time it took Rol, if someone else was the fastest person alive at GoW and somehow finished it in 3 hours would it make sense for them to come into this thread and say HS is 4 - 5 times longer?

About the rest of your post. Whenever I say "I must have been mistaken" it usually means that I give up trying to argue something because those I'm arguing with are not using logic and have instead resorted to emotions and fanboyism. As for asking people if they own Xbox 360s when I see people complaining about it, well that's sadly because in my experience the majority of the people I came across doing that don't own one. Yes one person I asked was able to prove he did own one but that doesn't discount the fact that others disappeared or simply refused to provide any proof. One of the other people I asked turned out to be a Gballzack sockpuppet claiming to own one but in fact didn't.

As for Halo, I see many threads and people bashing it and it seems like many of them have never actually tried it multiplayer or even single player for that matter. They also seem to accuse it of being more of the same dispite the fact that many of the biggest games coming out are sequels and that many of the people bashing it for being more of the same then play up another game like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, does that make any sense to you?

Anyways I am not a Don Quixote because what I'm fighting is very real and that is ignorance and bias. If someone is going to say something that is blatantly wrong then there's a good chance I'll call them on it.

Again you post a responce and then try to end the thread..this time by asking for a lock, trying to make sure you get the last word? 

Good god man, let it go.

To Each Man, Responsibility

If anyone actually cares, current posted video of God of War is 2:17 verified. Speed runs are rarely valid indicators of how long a game is. Well, that or Morrowwind is actually a 14 minute game and Fallout only has 10 minutes of content.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
If anyone actually cares, current posted video of God of War is 2:17 verified. Speed runs are rarely valid indicators of how long a game is. Well, that or Morrowwind is actually a 14 minute game and Fallout only has 10 minutes of content.

And Mario 64 is 25 minute game =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:

And Mario 64 is 25 minute game =P

No, actually Mario 64 is a 20 minute game, 15 if you TAS it.

Or if you're not lazy and actually want to collect all 120 stars, it should only take you about 130 minutes. 100 if you TAS it.

TAS = Emulated speed run with re-records, frame advance/specific entry, and RAM reading for luck manipulation + other tools.

And back on topic: I think I'll really really hate that Gollum looking chick.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.