By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavenly Sword is pretty damn short!

http://www.qj.net/Heavenly-Sword-to-play-for-12-15-hours/pg/49/aid/99223

I dunno, 12-15 hours might be enough if u liked that demo.  How long were the god of wars?  This seems kinda short seeing as this is one of those games that "can only be made on blu-ray enabled ps3" due to space limitations. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

good, a flame thread !!!

Lenght is the same range that God of War.
Well, yes, it is short but I dont expected something longer.
It always the same thing with this type of game, sadly.
Even if it is short, it will sell if the game is good, ofc.

EDIT : if u think 12 hours is too short, go play Gear of War ...

Time to Work !

12-15 hours for an action-beat-em-up is more than enough. Both Gears and RE4 were shorter than that. Games like these are usually in the range of 10-12 hours.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

amen on the gears of war thing. I loved it but it was SOOOOOO short. But this is what im talking about in the Killzone 2 thread as well. PS3 owners are hyping the wrong games. Sony have spent 2 years talking about how much room to move you have with blu-ray, and how each level in FPS HAS to be 2gig and all that crap and now we have one of their major titles really short.

YES I own a 360 and therefore have a natural bias. I will buy a ps3 though, only ill do it for the great games that will come. PS3 owners needn't feel like they have no good games to hype up, MGS4, FFXIII, LBP and GOW3 are all coming. Talk about them, instead of Heavenly Sword and Killzone 2 which by all accounts are so-so

are so-so ?

What do u mean ?

Why can we not talk about Killzone2 or HS ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Agree with the above... all action games like this are short. Well except for the Dynasty Warriors type games.

That's why i don't buy action games for full price.

So-so in Australia is like saying they are average. Sorry, i should have pointed that out. And of course you can talk about K2 and HS, im just asking why you would make them your focus in trying to promote the ps3. For every indicator that these games are fantastic, there is a couple of indicators that they are nothing more than decent. I n the case of Killzone 1 the gameplay was less than decent, so lets hope that improves, but the issue is there is no indication that it will. The Heavenly sword demo was liked by many but by just as many was labelled a button-masher, and not in a good way. So im wondering why PS3 owners dont hype games they KNOW will be good and are more likely to take advantage of blu-ray (read: more than 12 hours long). For example, FFXIII! Also it should be pointed out that Gears complimented its short single-player with an outstanding multiplayer, does HS have one?

Wouldn't action games be better if they were longer? I'm not saying it is bad that it is this length, but wouldn't it be better if it were longer (and given the capabilities of blu-ray, we all know this is more than possible)

Honestly, i wouldn't purchase a game if ALL i was getting was 12 hours of gameplay. With gears i also get multiplayer. I will pick up such games once the prices have seriously dropped or second hand, but not a chance at full price. I made that mistake with the first Fable. It was AWESOME but it was too short for full price. If the second one is longer ill get it day one. Mind you the first one took me 18-20 hours, so its still pawns HS

i think "short" is only what you think is short. playing a fuckfake game for 12 hours is damn long i can tell you :)

gears was realy short, on easy co-op it is realy quick over. but i completed it now 5 times wich is also 60 hours of playing + the online possibilities.

so to say it in short, i rathe have an 10 hour rollercoasterride with the adrenaline going rocket high. then playing a 60 hour rpg wich i dont understand and spend more time walking from town to town then the story.

life isn't complicated, just face it simple.