By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Thought about Nintendo's lack of 'hardcore' games of this season

that release scehdule sint the only games they are rleasing lol. for example fatal frame IV isnt on it and that came out february. and what about monster's games? just becuas eits not by nintendo EAD doesnt not mean it isnt coming from nintendo

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
facher83 said:
Khuutra said:
There.... there were two Zelda games on the N64.

Oh...  Majora's, forgot that one.

So few words...so much wrong.

On topic: Eh, mebbe. I'm guessing something just got delayed, though, or the plan was to carry through with Animal Crossing leading the way. Remember, we're in the "bridge" phase now: winning over the snobcore comes next.

It just amounts to bad planning on Nintendo's part, really. Mario Kart Wii could've used another coat of polish, at least graphically, then they could've pushed it out as a holiday treat, and as an extra bonus, could've done it on Double Dash's 5 year anniversary.

However, it hasn't really mattered, has it? 800k in a week, riding almost solely on games that would be considered older-than-dirt on any other console

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

It just amounts to bad planning on Nintendo's part, really. Mario Kart Wii could've used another coat of polish, at least graphically, then they could've pushed it out as a holiday treat, and as an extra bonus, could've done it on Double Dash's 5 year anniversary.

However, it hasn't really mattered, has it? 800k in a week, riding almost solely on games that would be considered older-than-dirt on any other console

Well it's looking to break 12 million before the end of the year, I think? Their decision seems to have played out all right.

Well Nintendo wanted to put out what they thought would sell best. If you look at the Gamecube #s, the only 2 franchises from their top 10 most sold that weren't released yet were animal crossing & luigi's mansion.

They released one of those along with Wii Music which was planned from the beginning for the Wii.

There is no such thing as hardcore or casual, it's all about the sales numbers ;)

Around the Network
axumblade said:
According to my supervisor that went to a convention based on gaming, Nintendo felt they didn't need to release any new games because of carryovers (Wii Fit, Mario Kart) and a few other games (Wario Land, Wii Music)

Who told him that?

That would be very odd if true. They know a certain segment of gamers are obsessed with just the latest and greatest...

The Wii will get it hardcore games, but they will not all be at once. There will be one here and one there, but you just have to live with the fact that if you only have a Wii (like me) you will just have to play your old hardcore games until the next one comes out. For me Call of Duty is fine for a while until Conduit comes out, then it will be a different story :)!