By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Playstation 2 numbers should be on the main page !!!

Of course it's all about the HD vs Wii war, I know. I also know that the playstation 2 will die soon, in one or two years, but look at its numbers, it's incredible! This week, it almost had the same sales than the playstation 3! I think this console should still be on the main page with the PS3, 360 and Wii! Who's with me?

Around the Network

I'm with you!

i agree

yea it deserves some coverage

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Jep, I also agree.

Around the Network

Console sales percentages would change to something like:
PS2: 60%
Wii: 19%
360: 12%
PS3 9%

Would be interesting, but not gonna happen.

i've been saying that for some time now. with Sony having 2 systems still out on the market it's a wonder why people aren't putting 2 and 2 together when it's coming down to Ps3 sales. if the xbox and xbox 360 was on the market at the same time and they were still making regular xbox games would 360 sales be up? i wonder.

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

The front page tracks the current generation of consoles and handhelds. If you were to put the PS2 there, then you need to put the GameCube there too, as I can still find it in some stores. So no, the PS2 shouldn't be there, as it is from the last generation. Besides, you can find the PS2 sales on the weekly pages.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Machina-AX said:

I've said this before in a similar thread.

I don't think PS2 numbers should go in the top middle graph, with all the percentages and colour coded bars, because it's not part of this generation of consoles so it shouldn't impact on the market share percentages.

However, I think it certainly should go up on the weekly hardware sales figures published on the right side of the main page. It's selling strongly on a weekly basis still, and it's included in the more detailed World>Weekly drop down menus, so it is being tracked by the site. It would be nice to have it on the front page for ease of reference.

agreed it well throw things off if in the middle area but on the right i think it should happen

Play Me

Then it should have PC sales too.