By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prince of Persia sleeper hit confirmed?!

With Gears, R2, LBP and Fable 2 along with the multiplatforms Mirrors Edge, COD & Rock Band 2 its no wonder other games coming out this holiday season have been given little )or at least a lot less) attention than other games.

Prince of Persia wasn't even on my radar until today. ioi pretty much confirmed its doing VERY well in sales. It has only been released in NA since tuesday (2 days) and has racked up 240,000+ people playing it on mygamercard net. Thats without EU sales (the game releases in EU today). Its looking more and more likely this will OUTDO Call of Duty: WaW's first week sales on the 360 at least. I predict 1 million for the 360 version first week.

Around the Network

1 million by years end for 360 sku

in Canada the game is advertised as PS3 only game.I don't know about US.But this game will do quite good.it's in top 10 software for PS3 on every site (gamestop,amazon,..)

SpartanFX said:
in Canada the game is advertised as PS3 only game.I don't know about US.But this game will do quite good.it's in top 10 software for PS3 on every site (gamestop,amazon,..)

You mean Sony have got their own POP adverts.

Thats good going though, I do expect high sales for the PS3 version too but obviously have no numbers to go by.

Wow, I really didn't expect this to sell well. I haven't seen any hype for it.
1 million first week 360 would be very, very good. 1 million across both platforms would even be more than I expected.

Around the Network
BengaBenga said:
Wow, I really didn't expect this to sell well. I haven't seen any hype for it.
1 million first week 360 would be very, very good. 1 million across both platforms would even be more than I expected.

It is kind of hard to believe but the proof is there! I have just watched the video review for this on IGN and I'm going to buy it ahead of L4D, Banjo, Lips & Fallout 3!

i m buying it in 3 days btw

and yes in Canada the ads i've seen starts with a PS logo and ends with PS3 logo with no mention of other format(like fallout 3 and 360)

Sorry to burst the PoP bubble, but that's the mygamercard.net listing for the XBLA game. The new retail game isn't up on the leaderboards yet.

badgenome said:
Sorry to burst the PoP bubble, but that's the mygamercard.net listing for the XBLA game. The new retail game isn't up on the leaderboards yet.

DAMN I think you maybe right, the top scorer is

920 / 47

Whats up with that?

Ok well at least ioi has still given us good numbers.

"Very very very early but could be close to 1m on day one worldwide for all skus"

I don't know if he is including PC sales in that statement (I will take it as a no for now seeing VGChartz doesn't track PC sales)

The 360 version will have outsold the PS3 version because that million he is talking about is from NA day one sales alone. I reckon 600k 360 400k PS3. Still on track for a million WW first week.

Its been on my radar for months now. The only games I was more hyped for this holiday season were LBP and Valkyria Chronicles.