By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The wii is popular. Waaaaaayyyy too popular.

no shit? I got to see tropic thunder

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
no shit? I got to see tropic thunder

Yeah Matthew McConaughey plays Wii Sports in two parts of the movie. It made me lol.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

The Wii is being the American Idol of game consoles..

Pixel Art can be fun.

It is about time Nintendo gets some love from the world. The last half decade has made Nintendo sad.

Remember the NES in the movie The Wizard? Well I guess Nintendo probably funded the whole movie... oh well.

Let Wii bask in the light like the NES did in the USA.

Wii has gotten so popular to the point that the majority of it's buyers/owners are not even gamers, let alone even touch the system from time to time.  Perhaps that's why the console lacks so many "gamer" appealing titles, but moreso on gimmicky titles (nothing wrong with that) which only make a mission to take advantage of the motion sensing capabilities of the peripherals (like Wii Fit, for example)

But Nintendo doesn't give a damn, they're selling a helluva lot more consoles than the other two!!

Personally, though, I'm getting a lot more fun out of my PS3 and 360 than my Wii.

Around the Network

Maybe the Wii is not popular and its just that the PS3 and 360 are UNpopular.

I also expect the Wii to outdo the PS2 over time.

Wii - 3348 5602 9364 2110

Mario Kart - 0474 1321 9262

Dont forget monster hunter tri

"Like you know"

leo-j said:
games dont matter, the wii does though= quote of this gen.

You keep on saying this, and you keep getting proven wrong. Why do you keep saying it?

You're wrong. 1 game turned this whole generation around. The Wii may have the most important, or maybe 2nd most important, game in history.

PS: I would say that the quote of the generation should have correct grammar.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

its too bad pc gamers all flocked towards the wii moreso thent eh other two oh wait most of them are betweent he ages of 16-25 so they are hardcore. but wait teh hardcore dont buy teh wii..hhmmm i think we have a dilema. i myself would say im a hardcore gamer. i am currently building me a beast pc but its gonna cost me the amount of a ps3 but will look 1000000 times better. i also own a wii. i know many hardcore gamers that instead of just owning a wii they build their own pc's. my wife's cousin built a pc, is 16, owns a 360 and a wii. so according to a few posters hes hardcore. but he isnt hardcore cause he owns a wii. im sorry a gamer is a gamer period no more of this hardcore and casual junk.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Sky Render said:
Welcome back to 1988. I'm just waiting for the resurgence of a Nintendo pop culture phenomenon. Last time it was based around Mario and (to a lesser extent) Zelda. This time it looks like it'll be Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

Not counting all the Retro Nintendo stuff that started selling towards the end of the PS2 era?

I've seen a lot of Wii T-shirts in big box stores.

Maybe it's just me but i don't every remember seeing that before.

The occasional Mario shirt since the retro stuff got big.

I don't know.  Nintendo i guess is the king of merchandising when it comes to videogames.