By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GameReactor:Killzone 2 is exactly what the action genre need

@SpartanFX

I can honestly see that happening! HA.  b@st@rds

Around the Network

LOL. Since the comment comes from Gamereactor, it can mean the game is mediocre shooter.
It's no wonder that the magazine is distributed for free.

No comments on Killzone 2 though.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

SpartanFX said:
@Kzoellner
wait until gamespot gives it an 8.5 and says:" the grass in one of the levels smelled kinda funny and that ruined the whole feel of the game"

Nah, they'll give it a 9 and say it's too easy.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Awesome read.

I m buying

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
That build is only 60%? WHAAAAATTTT? Git the hell otta here! DAMN, that means just IMAGINE the final build.

It's true. To quote another thread:

SpartanFX said:

guys here is the disclaimer GG sent with the game and said those mentioned ares till being worked on:

Known Issues

As Killzone2 is work-in-progress and still needs to go through Quality Assurance, the
Killzone 2 Single Player Preview Code does not accurately represent the final retail copy
of Killzone 2. These elements will be remedied for the final Game. Game elements which
are still under development may have been omitted or included in an un-optimized,
placeholder state. These include the following elements:

- Game Intro cinematic, in which the backstory is further explained, is not yet
available.
- Front/end menu designs are placeholder and will be replaced.
- Loading screen content missing. This will display various elements such as
gameplay tactics as well as background on the main cast.
- Dialog / Voice acting - The voice samples for both the Buddies and Helghast are
place holder.
- Cut-scenes have not gone through final polish in visual effects, sound effect,
facial animations and syncing voices
- Several Character Animation glitches can be spotted, most noticeably during
transitions.
- In some rare cases enemies or buddies can create progression issues. Try
Restart Checkpoint from the Pause menu to continue.
- Pay attention to the buddy and objectives in cases where the Direction finder (dpad
UP) system isn't implemented correctly yet.
- Volume balancing for sound effects, music and voices has not been completed
for this version, resulting in louder than normal speech or sound effects as well
as audio cutting out. Suggested setting in the Options / Sound menu:
music=100%, speech=80%, sound effects=70%
- Brightness settings are not yet balanced for all screens - The option menu has a
brightness setting that can be adjusted to overcome overly dark areas.
- Ragdoll issues might occur when many explosions are triggered.
- The Lighting setup of the Suljeva Village mission is unfinished.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

From all I heard and saw about KZ2, it looks pretty CoD'ish. So, I doubt action genre really needs this so desperately after Modern Warfire and World at War, and I don't trust GameReactor anyways.

MDMAniac said:
From all I heard and saw about KZ2, it looks pretty CoD'ish. So, I doubt action genre really needs this so desperately after Modern Warfire and World at War, and I don't trust GameReactor anyways.

read the preview and you'll know why.

Check out my game about moles ^

be careful about internet hype. too human was hyped like that too :P

CGI-Quality said:
@ Bugrimmar

Too Human also had no beta that recieved nothing but praise, wasn't touted as the BEST LOOKING console game to date, and IMO looked like it took downgrades once released. I doubt Killzone 2 will disappoint, HIGHLY doubt it.

That's what everyone said about Killzone 1.

//Grabs flame shield

On a serious note, though.  I really am looking forward to this game, but I think some people expect this game to sell 5x more than it's predecessor on hype alone.  The original LTD sold about 1.5 million, so this game better not have much story related to the first, or cover the story in the cinematics and stuff since most people will not have played the original.

For a PS3 exclusive game, I'll be happy if it sells around MGS4 levels, but not surprised if it sells much less given the much smaller install base.  If it is a great game, and word gets around, it will have legs, though, so eventually the sales could pass MGS4/GTAIV levels.