By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision announced Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 + more

So a real sequal to cod4, interesting..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

Yes, Does this mean Infinity Ward will develop the ps360 and pc versions? God I hope so!

segajon said:
leo-j said:

Yes, Does this mean Infinity Ward will develop the ps360 and pc versions? God I hope so!

Yeah. Activision has both houses working. IW does the even ones - and Treyach does the odd ones.

KylieDog said:
Onyxmeth said:
madskillz said:

Sweet. I've gotten tired of shooting Axis baddies. Gimme domestic terrorists, homegrown terrorists - not facists this time around.

They need to make Call of Duty: War of 1812. How rockin' would that be? Loading your muskets with actual gun powder. Worrying about life or death situations like catching the common cold. Going up to houses asking for shelter and food.

Give me this game Activision!

After Modern Warfare 2 I reckon they'll go Vietnam.

I don't know. If it were to do Vietnam any justice, the game would push the M rating over the limit. The kinds of tactics used in Vietnam were ugly.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Insomniac said:
COD is becoming as bad as EA's sports franchises. They're just going to keep rehashing it year after year.

There's a big difference - the COD series is actually fun to play, offers a great experience and enough innovations to warrant the $60 price tag. EA games? Not so much.

EDIT: Two different devs are doing the series. The odd numbers are Treyarch - something like that - and Infinity Ward does the even CODs. I prefer IW over Treyarch.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
madskillz said:
Onyxmeth said:
madskillz said:
Onyxmeth said:
DMeisterJ said:
Skateboard for PS360 confirmed?

And so this is the game that the PGR makers are making. Not Forza 3. So who's making Forza 3 then?

Ummm...probably the team that always does Forza, Turn 10.

So it looks like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is now it's own series in a way.

Sweet. I've gotten tired of shooting Axis baddies. Gimme domestic terrorists, homegrown terrorists - not facists this time around.

They need to make Call of Duty: War of 1812. How rockin' would that be? Loading your muskets with actual gun powder. Worrying about life or death situations like catching the common cold. Going up to houses asking for shelter and food.

Give me this game Activision!

Man, forget that. Gimme a bow and hollow point arrows, FTW! That game would be brutal - reloading a musket. LOLz!!!!

Yes and the perks would be actual warm clothes instead of rags, food, and you could call in the canons instead of air strikes/altillery.

Nah ... the perks would be these:

1. The ability to call on Husseins in an intense battle

2. Last shot - you get 45 seconds after you die to load your musket up one final time

3. You get bonus points for hitting a Brit between their ammo belt and their red jackets.

4. You can make your enemy do a 'Wilhelm Scream' for an achievement (PC, 360 only versions)

5. You can also download new content -

PS3 exclusive content - horse armor, BFG muskets and Kevlar

360 exclusive content - additional swamps, log cabins

I tell you, son ... that's real deal stuff. LOL!

What "milk" "milking" means???

The people still buying the games, so, the keep doing them every year, look at cod 5. Activision is fallowing the EA way. I just want to play GH metallica, i am not interested in other activision games.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Any news if this COD will be on the Wii?

COD Modern Warfare 2 will be huge.

So if the new Tony Hawk game will be using a skateboard peripheral, will the Wii version use the peripheral or the balance board?

I'm guessing it'll probably use their skateboard peripheral instead.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.