By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
trestres said:
@DMJ: Every console is down YoY save for the 360.

He posted WW Sales, so I was remarking on that. 

Sorry for the non-clarified statement.

Around the Network

@DMJ: No worries.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

thank goodness ps3 is selling good in japan because i got worried that they'd stay in the single k's forever. 360 selling good too in japan.

And 360 crosses the 800K mark...pretty good for a console written off at the beginning of the year.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

These sales make me realise how irrelevant japan is becoming in sales. The highest selling console in Japan, the ds is at 114k. From others and america the lowest is 144k for the psp in others.

I realise america was black friday, and it's getting reasonably close to christmas in others. But still even the PS3 which is compared to other regions stronger in japan, it's sales there are dwarfed by the other regions. The japanese sales don't even make up 10% of most of the consoles.

Handheld wise japan is still doing pretty good but the consoles wow it's bad.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network

Ail- this is the wii's third Christmas and its like 5 million above its closest competitor. for how bad all home consoles are doing in japan the wii is doing great.

oh and did i mention that MH tri~ isnt out yet? it doersnt matter if it peaked in its first year.
still doing great.

hello how are you.

And now we play the waiting game for software sales...

Oh man this week is gonna be huge!

heruamon said:
And 360 crosses the 800K mark...pretty good for a console written off at the beginning of the year.

Atleast it didn't have a book written about its failure.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Great PS3 #s in Japan. I wonder whats going on in that market

Nice numbers all around.

Let's see how the ps3 will hold up until Gundam Musou 2 hits on the 18th. After that it's White Knight Chronicles on the 25th, Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires in January, Yakuza 3, Demon's Souls, and Street Fighter IV in February, and Resident Evil 5 and the FFXIII demo in March.

Things are looking up for the ps3 in Japan. Just goes to show what a steady and full release list will do for a console.