By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Wii doesn't seem to be as dominating in Japan as it was 6 months ago were it used to routinely outsell PS3 + Xbox360 by a 3-5 factor...

And yes, it is shaping like Wii peak in Japan will actually be the first year it was released...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
trestres said:
Wii sees the largest drop YoY amongst all the consoles. Dropped from 73k to 46k, that's 27k units.

I wonder if next week, Wii sales will be able to rise, or if they will be going down. Just so you know Wii sold 113k in the week ending December 8th in 2007, I believe that next week, the week in 2008 comparable to that in 2007, Wii may see sales of 50-60k.

who cares as long as Wii sells 1.4 million units a week

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Yay for PS3 in Japan, just going to blind sight NA and EU sales :P

DS though, that is what is known as a beast.

trestres said:
Wii sees the largest drop YoY amongst all the consoles. Dropped from 73k to 46k, that's 27k units.

I wonder if next week, Wii sales will be able to rise, or if they will be going down. Just so you know Wii sold 113k in the week ending December 8th in 2007, I believe that next week, the week in 2008 comparable to that in 2007, Wii may see sales of 50-60k.

And now something positive: The Wii will pass the PSP WW in 2 weeks!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Wii not as impressive in Japan as it is everywhere else. Good numbers for it and PS3 and solid numbers for 360.

Around the Network

@Nikkom: I was going to make a thread about that, I was well aware of it :)

@DirtyP2002: Nintendo cares, since they are a Japanese company, and they are releasing far more games there than in the rest of the world, but sales keep on plunging.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Insomniac said:
Wii not as impressive in Japan as it is everywhere else. Good numbers for it and PS3 and solid for numbers for 360.

Consoles are not impressive in Japan. These numbers don't affect the WW sales at all. Everything is so focused on handhelds now that I'm starting to doubt that the big releases of the next year'll spark the sales on consoles for a long term.

Ail said:
The Wii doesn't seem to be as dominating in Japan as it was 6 months ago were it used to routinely outsell PS3 + Xbox360 by a 3-5 factor...

And yes, it is shaping like Wii peak in Japan will actually be the first year it was released...

Wii has been struggling for some time now to live up to the great numbers posted last year. However, I think it is a little premature to call yet (ie it peaked last year). When we see what Monster Hunter did to the PSP this year, who knows what it could do to the Wii... And Japan is pretty volatile market so anything can happen (looking at the coming months though, one would be hard pressed not to think that PS3 has the brightest short term future).

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

xman said in the NA thread on page 3 Japan is not going to make up that much

in response to me saying that the margin between ps3 360 would be 410k this week  after the jap #'s come out i may have not guessed the exact amount but i knew ps3 would make up 10k or more so the gap is 398k qoute that xman

back on topic

Wii still crazy high

ps3  i have something to be happy about this week also ps3 sees increase from last year this time with same price

360 guess jap's waiting for last remnant on ps3 as it hw went down close to were it was b4 it's release

Play Me

nice to see 360 averging 10k instead of those 2k/3k weeks it used to get...