By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others Sales up, what happened to Resistance 2???

To be fair, this happened to Rainbow Six Vegas, 2 years ago, for the X360.

Gears of War came out the week (or two) before RSV. RSV got absolutely hammered in terms of sales for the first week or two - under 200,000 units (considering how well Advanced Warfighter did, this would be considered pretty bad).

However, as time went on, the RSV numbers continued to remain strong, and wound up with around 2 million sales.

My advice: Don't worry. Given time, R2 may have great numbers, even after an underwhelming opening due to Call of Duty 5. Give it time, and lets comment a month from now.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

A very mature post & full of win.....end of thread!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ppl dont care much for generic shooters unless it's Call ov Duty or Halo.

If the excellent Far Cry 2 didn't sell, why wuld R2?

well i heard the campaign and story for this title was very good from a few mates still have to pick it up but waiting till or after xmas since im at uni and skint lol however their have been problems with shippings of thte title in the uk so that could afftect the sales of it i was hoping for around half a million though oh well

fulcizombie said:

The first game was a failure in retail just like games like motorstorm and uncharted and "sold" only as a free pack in (just like every sony 1st party out there) and only in Europe. It didn't built a fanbase (like games like halo or gears did) so the sequel is a bomb just like motorstorm 2.

Sony fans shouldn't worry though, when the game disappears from every software chart its amazing legs will kick in. Isn' that what has happened with every sony 1st party game?? These games might sell like shit and drop off the charts quickly but then.......the legs appear !!!!!

The excuses are already funny though....2 days of sales....99% of games are released on Friday in the U.K, for example.

2 day sales isn't an excuse when people compare NA sales to Others sales 1st week. This is a legitimate reason for sales in Others to be lower, but week 2 sales to be higher.

Also, to be fair, lets actually look at Resistance 1 vs. Resistanec 2

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=Others&game1=Uncharted%3A+Drakes+Fortune+-+PS3&reg2=Others&game2=Resistance%3A+Fall+of+Man+-+PS3&reg3=Others&game3=Resistance+2+-+PS3&weeks=52&weekly=1

as you can see, with potential stocking issues, R2 is doing just as good as R1. and will probably have a stellar week 2 compared to R1. Also, it is way to early to call it a bomb, since we only have 1 weeks worth of sales.

Also, Uncharted has done 1m in others, and it looks like R2 could easily do just as much.

Now, I don't really care about the game to much, but people need to be realistic.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Resistance 2 will plummet in the software charts in its second week. Not that it maters though, we've seen motorstorm 2 already out of the U.K top-40 (and nowhere to be found in any other european chart) and its amazing legs are already there .

It's magic and i think that nintendo and MS should also try to have their games disappear from the software charts as quickly as possible since then and only then do the sales' legs kick in !!!

fulcizombie said:

Resistance 2 will plummet in the software charts in its second week. Not that it maters though, we've seen motorstorm 2 already out of the U.K top-40 (and nowhere to be found in any other european chart) and its amazing legs are already there .

It's magic and i think that nintendo and MS should also try to have their games disappear from the software charts as quickly as possible since then and only then do the sales' legs kick in !!!

tell that to Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Wii Play, and lots of other nintendo games....

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

well as for multiplayer resistance 2 scores the highest in all shooters released til now.
i never bought a shooter til now xD besides duck hunt.

Based on the increase on the leaderboards in R2 i would not expect sales to be good for the second week in PaL.

Do the people stating that Motorstorm 2 has legs realise that it is bundled (as is LBP and PES09)? Especially in the case of Motorstorm, I really don't think we can talk about legs (HW boost would boost its numbers proportionately).

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.