By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP+PS3=options

I've read that coming in the future there is a very good possibility of a Remote play for the PS3 over the internet... Connecting the PSP to the PS3. Now what is nice about that idea, is the PS3 being able to convert video to a format that can be transfered over the internet on the fly... And then be watched ANYWHERE in the world. Now what is special about that is. You put your movie collection on the PS3. (60gb) Encode it in low quality to save size. You can fit a full length movie in about 1gb. Watch it anywhere in the world. Without haveing to carry 20 memory cards, discs... and stuff like that.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

PSP+PS3=Expensive How many people are going to take advantage of an option that costs close to $1000 after taxes and/or shipping and the game to play on it?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

me

me Wii+DS = 1/10th the features, and half the cost. EDIT: I have that setup too tho.

Sintinel said: PSP+PS3=Expensive How many people are going to take advantage of an option that costs close to $1000 after taxes and/or shipping and the game to play on it?
And the game to play on it? I just said put your Video archive on the PS3. Then watch it from ANYWHERE in the world. Who said anything about a game?

Around the Network

I wasn't responding specifically toward your scenario, but toward a more likely one, people actually using the two devices for gaming. And I didn't say anything about the Wii or the DS. Why do you always* try to shift the conversation toward a Nintendo product whenever someone challenges your posts? *of course not 100% of the time, but a lot.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

If that's what it is...playing your media anywhere with WiFi, that is pretty sweet. But what's the highest quality a video can be?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: If that's what it is...playing your media anywhere with WiFi, that is pretty sweet. But what's the highest quality a video can be?
Well, it is there in a basic form right now. It looks quite good. No idea what the stream bitrate is. It only works through WiFi right now though. But the fact of the matter is... How hard is it to make it work over the internet? Data over local IP is almost the exact same thing as Data over internet However I would think you would be most restricted by your bandwidth. I only have 30kbs upstream. so I'd say I'd be limited to... about 300kbps. Not that shabby tho. Especially if the PS3 encodes it on the fly to h.264. 300kbps is plenty high.

That would be cool. But how are they gonna convert the HD format video to be streamed to the PSP? Does the PSP have something in it or is the PS3 the one who's gonna do the converting? Also, the PSP is about 75% of the PS2's power, right?

ranzchic said: That would be cool. But how are they gonna convert the HD format video to be streamed to the PSP? Does the PSP have something in it or is the PS3 the one who's gonna do the converting? Also, the PSP is about 75% of the PS2's power, right?
The PSP can play H.264 368x208 @ any bitrate. My home PC. (a C2D) can convert a Xvid to H.264 @ about 40fps. Useing 1 core. So both cores could do it @ about 80fps, add 2x becuase the cell is definatly more powerful than 2x. Your looking at 160fps. So. The PS3 can encode the stream... no problem. The PSP. Can decode the stream no problem. I dont know what their doing. Hell. It's just the underground talking about it. But if they dont. It's dumb. And I beleive there has to be some credit to it, considering I have seen it at some 'quazi' offical sites as rumors. Take it with a grain of salt. But if they do. That will KICK ASS. The setup can easily do it. And it is in perfect line with the PSP and PS3 theory.