By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sonic Unleashed IGN Reviews

tolu619 said:
disolitude,what did they get right about the wii controls?I'm not checking ign after reading this thread.Did anyone notice,ign gave shaun white a 7.1 on HD consoles & 8.4 on the wii(probably bcuz u can use the balance board).Wii version used cartoonish artstyle and easy controls.
Not trying 2 change the topic but,your comments?

The motion controls somehow fit the games werehog levels better. the sonic levels are equally good on both platforms but there werehog levels benefit from being designed with motion controls that actually enhance gameplay...unlike so many wii ports where you just waggle waggle waggle.

Around the Network
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
4.5 is fairly low because I've played the game and it's not that bad. IGN doesn't necessarily give bad reviews, it thaty Fucken Moron Hillary Goldstien who can't properly rate a game to save his own life. Unless you can blow things up or cause an explosion, he doesn't consider it a good game. He's probably the dumbest fuck IGN has ever hired to review games.

lol. I actually wrote him an email. I don't expect a reply as the email wasn't nice...

I'm going to get the PS3 version no matter what the reviews say...

4 ≈ One

Wait Hilary Goldstein did the review. I don't advocate firing people, especially during these rough economic times, but how does that douche still have a job?

Darc Requiem said:
Wait Hilary Goldstein did the review. I don't advocate firing people, especially during these rough economic times, but how does that douche still have a job?

When you get people on the internet talking about you and visiting the website, you tend to keep your position.

Around the Network

I'd suggest the Wii version. The Werehog levels aren't bad at all, in fact that are quite exciting with the slashing with both the Remote and Nunchuck.

The Motion Controls make the daytime levels more fun too. Meanwhile, I think I may have sprained my right elbow playing this game. Ouch.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Words Of Wisdom said:
Darc Requiem said:

When you get people on the internet talking about you and visiting the website, you tend to keep your position.

True, unfortunately for IGN however, that spike hits will only last for so long before people get feed up and just stop visiting the site. Consistency and respectability are far better than controversey in the long run. Controversey requires you to become more and more outlandish to maintain the same viewership.