By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why the Wii wins-- From a lefty's point of view

I seem to recall some games where you select your handedness. Now, don't ask me to quote what system or what games since I cannot recall, but there's a faint memory of this!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
Fuzzmosis said:
I seem to recall some games where you select your handedness. Now, don't ask me to quote what system or what games since I cannot recall, but there's a faint memory of this!

I know a lot of DS games you have to set your handedness but I can't think of any Remote/Nunchuck Wii games off the top of my head that do.  I know of several Remote only games that do, but it really doesn't matter for the most part what hand you use for Remote/Nunchuck games off the top of my head.  The only thing that's slightly off is you're swinging with your left and the character uses their right which really doesn't affect anything.

I only write about this because it's nice to finally have a console game where I can move with my right hand and aim with my left.  I know there have been console games that let you switch the control sticks but that's always failed miserably but this actually seems to work for me at least.  This is just a random little quark that makes my Wii experience a little bit better. 

"Wii would like to play"

some guy:Who are you?

"Wii wanna play with you"

some guy:WTF?!?!?!

Funny huh, the wii experience is for everyone it makes gaming even more fun and makes it more healthy, the wii has already won in bringing more gamers into the world.

edit: If you want to hear part two I need 2 people to say they want to hear it.

mM

Umm...in Wii Sports there is a whole menu screen for selecting for each player and each minigame whether you want to play left/right handed.

JRI

This is the most one-sided argument I have ever heard.

Around the Network

i'm left handed too, but by the time you play video games for a while, you are pretty much use to stuff right handed, but the wii is a great console. It gives you the option of right or left handed.

PS- Jesus was left handed.

leo-j said:

"Wii would like to play"

Funny huh, the wii experience is for everyone it makes gaming even more fun and makes it more healthy, the wii has already won in bringing more gamers into the world.

I want to hear the second part.

On topic: I never really tried to play any of my games left-handed yet, but that would make some of them interesting.  And I am left handed too, but my mouse is on the right side; I've just gotten used to it. 

leo-j said:

"Wii would like to play"

Lets hear it,

my brother is left handed and he hasn't really every had a problem playing any games, now only if he could learn to shift gears with his right hand...

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

I'm left handed, too, and I happen to hold the Wiimote in my left hand. The wii-mote really hurts my hand when holding it for a long time, and I often wish that I could just play with a normal controller. Now, I admit that I haven't played alot of Wii games, but considering how new the Wii is and it's small library, I think I have played enough games to form form a decent opinion on the Wii-mote. Personaly, I don't think that a the Wii-mote can be used right. I don't think that it can ever come close to matching the brillant controls of the classic controller. Hopefuly I'm wrong, and Mario galaxy just come out kicking ass...

Twesterm, isn't it hard for you to swing the Wii-mote with your off-hand? I couldn't do it. However, it was also hard to control things with the analog with my off-hand, so I can kinda see why you would use your left hand. With the controller split up, I think that the classic controler would be easier to use; not the Wii-mote, as it forces you to use your off-hand in ways most people would be normaly not be use to. Like swinging your sword in Red Steel, for example.

grandmaster192 said:
I'm left handed, too, and I happen to hold the Wiimote in my left hand. The wii-mote really hurts my hand when holding it for a long time, and I often wish that I could just play with a normal controller. Now, I admit that I haven't played alot of Wii games, but considering how new the Wii is and it's small library, I think I have played enough games to form form a decent opinion on the Wii-mote. Personaly, I don't think that a the Wii-mote can be used right. I don't think that it can ever come close to matching the brillant controls of the classic controller. Hopefuly I'm wrong, and Mario galaxy just come out kicking ass...

Twesterm, isn't it hard for you to swing the Wii-mote with your off-hand? I couldn't do it. However, it was also hard to control things with the analog with my off-hand, so I can kinda see why you would use your left hand. With the controller split up, I think that the classic controler would be easier to use; not the Wii-mote, as it forces you to use your off-hand in ways most people would be normaly not be use to. Like swinging your sword in Red Steel, for example.

It never felt bad swinging the remote with my right hand, it just feels better swinging it with my left.  As for the Wii remote being comfortable, if you could only see how I set on my giant Luv Sac you would understand how comfortable I think the remote is.  I generally have my right hand (nunchuck) behind my head or just resting on the side with my left hand (remote) resting on my leg or knee so I can point and easily move and it's just beyond comfortable.