By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows Market share drops below 90%

at 90% of market share, what's there to recover?

This is what you called "total domination", even if it is slipping a tiny bit.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Good. Microsoft has been holding back the industry for far too long, and it's good to see that more people are finally seeing it.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Windows 7 will do a great job.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Apple has been doing a great job with its advertising, Fatboy (M$) vs. Funny Skinny guy (Apple). So to me it would only be natural for Apple to gain some market share, they have spent millions on those damnd commercials.

I think M$ has seen their market share slipping a little and are now starting to do some adds of their own. I doubt Apple will ever really be more than a thorn in M$'s side thought.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

There are way too many threads on this subject. Again, this is internet share only during a month where many were on their home computers more than usual. Internet statistics are poor metrics on actual usage at best.

Around the Network

Well, there's two. I did look to see if it had been posted but didn't notice the other one because it was in MS discussion rather than PC discussion.

Kohly, got a better way to measure it? Because you certainly can't assume that the OS you sell a consumer will be the one they use

Seems odd to me.

This site counts shipments. http://www.systemshootouts.org/mac_sales.html

Apple ships around 3-4% of the PCs yearly. Does anyone else ship macs? I don't think so, but maybe. Still, that would probably be minor. Mac doesn't have a market share of over 5%, I'm fairly certain of that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Opera and FireFox should be able to do some damage.

Apple is doing disturbingly well to, along with Custom AW Mods...

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Seems odd to me.

This site counts shipments. http://www.systemshootouts.org/mac_sales.html

Apple ships around 3-4% of the PCs yearly. Does anyone else ship macs? I don't think so, but maybe. Still, that would probably be minor. Mac doesn't have a market share of over 5%, I'm fairly certain of that.

Macs last longer, hence there're more of them on the market.

Or that site is wrong, because there are numerous sites that all agree on the approx 8% figure

Maybe this will teach Microsoft a lesson for next Windos.
But 90% is still huge.

Take my love, take my land..