By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the Wii pass the SNES?

Anyone?

Around the Network

In the future.

61.91 million...

I'll say Holidays of 2010.

Sephiroth357 said:
61.91 million...

Considering the Wii is nearly at 40 right now. (And will likely end up being around 45 at the end of the year)

I think it'll happen on the Holidays of 2009.

Sephiroth357 said:
61.91 million...

SNES sold closer to 49 million as I seem to recall. Either way it would happen sometime in 2009 rather that 2010.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Yeah it sold 49.10 million

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e0806.pdf

It'll probably pass the SNES sometime between May and July

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I'll be pleased to see when the Wii gets to pass my favorite console of all-time, a personal record of more than 12 years not outsold since it was discontinued, and if the Wii keeps the momentum, 2009 will be the last year... Then we'll talk about Ninty's best seller in console business, the NES...

But can it pass the 2 most popular consoles in gaming history (PS1, PS2)??? we'll see if it happens...

Currently it is on pace to outsell the PS2 before it dies. I would be very surprised if this generation does not set a new high for most consoles sold by an individual system. Hell is we count the DS it might be broken twice if the Wii keeps out pacing the DS.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Probably Holidays of 2009 at this rate