By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where is Sony's verion of XNA?

Besides LBP, where is Sony's version of XNA and community games/game toolsets?  Many Sony gamers would love to have a Net Yaroze type platform on the PS3 XMB...

Around the Network

i never seen someone post so much fail in little time xD

Nearly all people on vgchartz don't even know what XNA is, or care for that matter.

Here is link none the less. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_XNA

So much for trying... End user generated content would be a GIANT boost to Sony's platform and PSN as a whole.

halogamer1989 said:
So much for trying... End user generated content would be a GIANT boost to Sony's platform and PSN as a whole.

I agree. I think XNA is amazing idea. Hopefully it will need to some more quality XBLA games.

Around the Network

So what kind of platform would they offer, iyo?

Please Sony, don't listen to this guy. I want to play professionally developed games on my console.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I've played about 10 XNA games and most were shit, while 2 were complete rip offs of other games. I don't think its something i would want.

ymeaga1n said:
halogamer1989 said:

I agree. I think XNA is amazing idea. Hopefully it will need to some more quality XBLA games.

I *strongly* disagree.  XNA is nice because it gives the inexperienced developer the tools and platform to try and see what they can do.  As a result, you get a ton of crappy games being released with your occasional diamond in the rough.

PSN *requires* you have past game developing experience and proof of before they'll even talk to you.  I know, I tried to get their dev tools.  As a result, the lowly developer doesn't get a chance on the PS3, but you also get on average much higher quality games.

The way both platforms work is great; I'm not saying one is better than the other.  It's nice that MS lets the little guy do those things, but it's also nice with the PS3 because I'm a lot more confident in the quality of PSN games.

I'm currently using XNA, and tried to get Sony's dev tools and couldn't due to the reasons I stated above.  All it means to me is that if I can get Sony to allow me to develop for the PSN at some point, it will feel like I'm moving up the food chain.  It wouldn't make me stop using XNA, but Sony allows you to do a lot more.

I would be very upset if Sony did this.  VERY upset.

Id have to say it could be a very big boon to the ps3 if they pushed something like this out... games like braid could be the result, its not like sony would ditch Q&A just to put more games out. and it could foster strong ties with up and comming developers..... both apple and microsoft do this now, and open source has been there for awhile, why not have sony join in.... and for that matter nintendo too

Jo21, you are the only one full of fail here

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog