By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There's not enough threads about De Blob!

JoeJ said:
Yeah, the camera isn't perfect, but it's been okay for me so far. I think there was one point in the first level where it was backwards from the direction I would have wanted it in, but it didn't bother me enough to turn it manually.

I don't think that the limit for the overall stage is too big of a deal (at least so far). I've had more than enough time to complete the tasks required for the stage. I have to admit that I haven't played more than the first two levels, so this may be more of an issue later on.

Serious question: Are there any 3D platformers which don't have camera issues? SMG did a pretty good job of minimizing problems, but I don't think I've read a single 3D platformer review which doesn't complain about the camera.

@ stof

Time isn't really an issue unless you do a lot of dicking around or hunting for that one unpainted tree. Even if you run out of time, it just costs you a life and then gives you some more time. It can be restrictive for less experienced gamers (my sister).

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I agree with the OP, this is one of the best platformers in recent years... it's not really revolutionary, and the wiimote isn't "fully used", but the graphics, the music, the gameplay, everything blends very smoothly... it's easy to finish the game, but not easy at all to complete the game 100%, some challenges in the last stages are really hard to get... it's a game i'll play again and again, lots of replay value...

The only bad point of the game is the multiplayer: i really think they missed an opportunity there, a great multiplayer mode plus an online mode, and the game could have been in the 90+ scores... i'd give it 8.5, and i hope an even better sequel will be made if this one has legs...

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Famousringo:

I agree, there really has never been a 3D platformer with a 'perfect' camera.  I agreed that de Blob's camera had some issues (because they all seem to), but that I thought that the issues were minor enough that I didn't mention it in the first post.

I've played a bit more and still, the only places that I've had problems with time so far have been the time trials where you must complete certain tasks in a set period of time.  I haven't had this problem with the main game yet.

I have yet to play the multiplayer, 68soul, what were the issues with multiplayer?

Still, I think this game is an awesome platformer and something that any fan of the genre should have in their collection.

Gamerace said:
I got De Blob used, played it for a week and returned it. I did enjoy it but I was very frustrated that I couldn't save mid-level. I kept running out of time to play before completing a level and not being able to save my progress, had to replay the same levels over and over. Killed the game totally for me. Shame.

Love the game, but this is my biggest complaint too. I have to make sure I schedule time to complete a level. The way it's saling there should be a De Blob 2, if so I'm hoping this is one of the fixes plus the camera.

@stof: Yeah as you get higher in the levels, with the challenges included your time gets more constraint. Reason why being able to save whenever would be a bonus, cause you will HATE having to do a level over cause you got an appointment to run too, lol.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Great game. I've completed over 90% of the challenges so far. Time has not been a problem for me yet. I've finished the first eight level 100%, and I generally have about 20 to 30 minutes left on the level timer.

I think this is the best original platformer I have played in a long, long time. It avoids that collectathon feeling that a lot of other 3D platformers get. That is a big plus for me. I have yet to try the multiplayer.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

@Soul68 & JoeJ: I like the multiplayer to play with my kids, but I see what Soul is saying that, if it had an online mode it would added even more playability.

What do u have to do in the mulitplayer in this game? I didn't even look at it O_o

I have beaten the game 6 times now and its my 3rd favorite wii game and my 7th favorite game of all time. It's just plain fun I love the style and the music is just so great!

Former something....

I'm getting it for Christmas. My mom got it for $40 during Black Friday. Anyway, I can't wait to play it! I'm a big fan of platformers and colorful environments so I should love this game :).

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Personally, the way my kids love watching the cut scenes, I can see this being a cartoon on Cartoon Network. =p