By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who is your favorite movie composer?

Hans zimmer, not only for movies.. his modern warfare 2's ost too.

Around the Network

Lot of great options. Morricone and Michael Nyman are among my favorites.

Hans Zimmer hands down. Inception's final sequence is one of the greatest cinematic moments in recent history, and Time helps a lot with that.

Boutros said:
Feu James Horner.

Glory is my second favorite movie score from the 80s after Once Upon a Time in America.   Like most of his other scores also Braveheart is great and House of Sand and Fog is very underrated.

Chris Hu said:
Boutros said:
Feu James Horner.

Glory is my second favorite movie score from the 80s after Once Upon a Time in America.   Like most of his other scores also Braveheart is great and House of Sand and Fog is very underrated.

My favorite from James Horner is from Casper lol

Around the Network
gatito said:

Hans Zimmer hands down. Inception's final sequence is one of the greatest cinematic moments in recent history, and Time helps a lot with that.

When it comes to his scores for sci-fi movies I prefer his score for Interstellar over Inception.  2013 was probably his best year so far, loved his scores for Rush, 12 Years a Slave and Man of Steel.  I even forgive him for doing the score for the aweful Bible mini series that year.

It's Zimmer....man. It's gotta be him.

Lube Me Up

Chris Hu said:
gatito said:

When it comes to his scores for sci-fi movies I prefer his score for Interstellar over Inception.  2013 was probably his best year so far, loved his scores for Rush, 12 Years a Slave and Man of Steel.  I even forgive him for doing the score for the aweful Bible mini series that year.

Interstellar was terrific too, just thinking about it makes me tear up a bit.

TruckOSaurus said:
Augen said:
Single work would be Yann Tiersen.

Over all it is hard for me to ignore John Williams. I hum one of his tunes few times every week.

The soundtrack to "Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulin" is just fantastic.

Favorite movie soundtrack by a lesser known movie composer would have to be either Letters from Iwo Jima by Kyle Eastwood and Michael Stevens or Crouching, Tiger, Hidden Dragon by Tan Dun.

John williams. Hes legendary