By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's OS market share lowest in 15 years!

JaggedSac said:
ssj...Couldn't you post some innovations that would actually be useful. Those would be neat to play around with for about 10 minutes, but do not really offer anything useful. Notes on the back of windows?!?!

While I agree that most of those only have a short wow factor to them, there are still some that add functionallity and make the user interface much easier to work with.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
JaggedSac said:
ssj...Couldn't you post some innovations that would actually be useful. Those would be neat to play around with for about 10 minutes, but do not really offer anything useful. Notes on the back of windows?!?!

do you not realize how useful that would actually be? if your researching facts you can pull out small parts of different web pages and than use them later.

Nope.  Wouldn't be for me.  I am not a power browser.  Maybe for some.

ssj12 said:
JaggedSac said:

do you not realize how useful that would actually be? if your researching facts you can pull out small parts of different web pages and than use them later.

So that's what you youngsters call bookmarking now?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

"Good to see a monopoly slowly crumble. Still 15 years is a long time."

If that doesn't scream I

mrstickball said:
ssj12 said:
JaggedSac said:

So that's what you youngsters call bookmarking now?

i usually put any information i want in a Notepad.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

vista is faster that linux (note the experts "rad" hair)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

darthdevidem01 said:
@fila

why would xbox fanboys say MS has nothing to worrry about

xbox fanboys are loyal to xbox....not M$.

on the contrary.....we love MS for all its bounty it bestows onto us.

MS share would considered awesome by any other enterprise, but not them... They even kept alive XP longer, against their original will and helping killing Vista in the cradle, to avoid giving too much market share to linux in the low end subnotebook niche, pure greed or do they fear that once Windows' stranglehold on OS market starts loosening it won't ever end?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ssj12 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lol....its still at 90% guys.....move along

M$ rules OS's

however if Windows 7 is a vista-esque screw up they may have a problem

its at 89.69%... that is below 90%.

On another note internet explorer's market share is below 70%!

I've never had a problem with an MS modern OS, but I've always hated IE.  I actually use Firefox, it's a far better browser.

As for the 89.69% mark, it's nothing too big really.  Most of the remaining people who don't use Windows, use MAC OS, and Apple keeps their computers in the upper echelon due to being overpriced, so they are a long way off from being a threat to the PC.

Linux is also not a threat (although I run Redhat as a dual OS with XP on my desktop) because even though every Windows version always has critical problems, the Linux based OS' are too complicated (and lack way too many drivers & programs) for the average computer user.

Just my opinion of course...

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:
ssj12 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lol....its still at 90% guys.....move along

M$ rules OS's

however if Windows 7 is a vista-esque screw up they may have a problem

its at 89.69%... that is below 90%.

On another note internet explorer's market share is below 70%!

I've never had a problem with an MS modern OS, but I've always hated IE.  I actually use Firefox, it's a far better browser.

As for the 89.69% mark, it's nothing too big really.  Most of the remaining people who don't use Windows, use MAC OS, and Apple keeps their computers in the upper echelon due to being overpriced, so they are a long way off from being a threat to the PC.

Linux is also not a threat (although I run Redhat as a dual OS with XP on my desktop) because even though every Windows version always has critical problems, the Linux based OS' are too complicated (and lack way too many drivers & programs) for the average computer user.

Just my opinion of course...

Linux is nearing 1% market share....

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453