By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prince of Persia's score 93 at Metacritic,whos getting?

Thats pretty great score...I thought this would suck,but now I'm thinkig buying it...

Well,after Resistance 2,Dead Space and Valkyria Crhonicles.

GamePro
All told, this is a great debut for the Prince of Persia series on the PS3 and Xbox 360. [Jan 2009, p.74]

IGN UK
Ubisoft has delivered an incredibly polished, tremendously enjoyable and utterly lovable experience here. It takes all the best elements of previous franchise entries then expands and refines them to create an absolutely unforgettable adventure. It’s magical in every sense of the word.

IGN
It has its shortcomings, but I already sense that Prince of Persia will be one of the few games from this generation that I carry with me for the next decade.

Gameplayer
Rest assured, Prince of Persia is every bit the game you wanted – it is the game you were promised and a whole lot more.
Playstation Official Magazine Australia
The story, on call dialogue and expansive world make its most recent rival for parkour champ, "Mirror's Edge," look poorly executed. [Summer 2009, p.56]

3DJuegos
Prince of Persia is an odyssey that manages to transmit the undeniable magic of its proposal. Ubisoft achieves the best adventure game of the year.

VideoGamer
Ubisoft Montreal has come tantalisingly close to creating a real masterpiece.

GamingXP
What the new Prince of Persia has to offer: Easy-going action, a very good story and enough motivation in an
open-world-setting, which contains many questpoints to guide you.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

ME! I've pre ordered it at dvd uk. I'm a sucker for games with cell-shaded graphics, plus the idea of a huge world, platform, action... makes me entirely dizzy. Total must have it is!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I'm getting it, but not because of reviews. I just think it looks like an awesome game.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Its a case of a little to late for me. After getting the following games in the last 2 months...

MK vs DC
Gears 2
Left 4 Dead
Sonic Unleashed

and renting
Call of Duty
NHL 09
Fable 2
Golden Axe

and still wanting to get
Fallout 3
Tomb Raider

...there simply is no room for this game.

I'll get when I find one cheaper.

Around the Network

I have a feeling PoP will not do so well. I also don't see considerable hype for it. Sad, cause it looks amazing.
There has simply been a storm of amazing games lately.

Don't know if I'll buy it, didn't really like Sands of Time that much and after that I haven't played any.

I wasn't at all hyped for it, but after seeing a few screenshots, I decided to get it for Christmas. =)

That it's getting such good scores is certainly reassuring.

BengaBenga said:
I have a feeling PoP will not do so well. I also don't see considerable hype for it. Sad, cause it looks amazing.
There has simply been a storm of amazing games lately.

Don't know if I'll buy it, didn't really like Sands of Time that much and after that I haven't played any.

If Ubisoft markets it as well as they did Assasins Creed and Sands of time, I think it will sell quite well.  I've seen some trailers that dont do the game that much justice, but if they run this TV spot frequently I think it could even do better than AC:

http://kotaku.com/5061310/awesome-new-prince-of-persia-trailer-and-screens

Of course the name recognition for the franchise wont hurt either...

On topic; I can't justify buying it right now, but if I dont get it for xmas I might just have to justify it as an early birthday present.  Its one franchise that I never think will appeal to me, but then when i play it, I love it to death and it ends up being a keeper in the collection.

It's on my wishlist, I can't afford to buy anymore games this year myself :P

it looks nice...but i dont think so

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur