By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did anyone play huge games like MGS 2 on Xbox,FF VII on Pc?

BengaBenga said:

MGS was on gamecube in a pretty good remake. Still baffles me it didn't sell well.

FFVII on PC is probably the worst port ever to be released
. Don't play the PC version unless you're forced to.

Worse than RE4 pc? I heard that didn't include mouse support out of the box.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

I played Final Fantasy VII on the PC since I did not have a PS. The graphics are supposedly better, however, there were a number of quirks. FFVII had 3D characters which were overlayed on the 2D backgrounds or FMVs. This caused all types of timing problems where the 3D models would lag behind the FMVs. The proper drivers and driver tweaks were needed to get it running at acceptable levels.

I was the only one who had a huge glitch on the PC version of FFVII? After the cosmo Canyon the game just crash and do nothing X_X.

I tried out FF7 on the PC and I didn't like it. I didn't think it looked that good at all. Maybe because I had already played the hell out of it on the PSX when it first came out (+90hrs) and I had gotten used to playing it on a lower resolution SD tv instead of the higher res. computer monitor, hehe.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I played MGS1,2,FFVII ,FFVIII. They were just as fun as playing on console tho there were a few glitches in every game i found.

Around the Network

O well,I was just about to go play Css,buthad to check this...
Counter Strike on Xbox?
What the....

Take my love, take my land..

BengaBenga said:

MGS was on gamecube in a pretty good remake. Still baffles me it didn't sell well.

FFVII on PC is probably the worst port ever to be released. Don't play the PC version unless you're forced to.

No ad campaign. Despite Nintendo footing the entire bill for the games production costs, Konami gave the game marketing support. They didn't want the game affect MGS3's sales. No I'm not making that up. They actually said that nonsense. MGS3 was releases anywhere from 8 months to a full year after MGS:TS depending on which region of the globe you reside in.

I owned and played MGS2 on my PS2, but my best friend had it for X-box. The X-box port was decent but not great. The game has slowdown in some of the cinematics.

I played FFVII on both the PS1 and PC. I finished FFVII twice on PS1. The second playthrough was to get everything I missed the first go around. First Final Fantasy game I didn't like. I had been thinking of getting a copy on PC on the cheap to see if I'd like the game better  a third time around. Despite the game being a couple years old at the time and my PC well exceeding the requirements the game still ran poorly. The worse thing was the game was more awful than I remembered. That was a waste of $10, thankfully it was not my $10 bucks and my best friends

I own both FF7 and FF8 on PC.

I've only ever played MGS on PC and MGS2 on xbox.

I played Metal Gear Solid for the PC, and Metal Gear Solid 2 for the XBox, but I honestly had no idea that Final Fantasy VII was on the PC.

Hm... For me it would be Quake II on the N64 and Silent Hill 2 on the X box.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.