By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why do some people believe the big three just want our money?

Miyamoto robbed my parents at gun point when I was a kid. He is not a nice guy.

Around the Network

@JGarret

I think you mean it makes themselves happy and they get paid a shit load of cash for it.. kinda like artists.. they paint for themselves but patrons like what they see so they pay them.. if they painted to make others happy they would simply be painting portraits all day..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

taxman said:
Keeping the consumer happy is a money making rule....

This.

arsenicazure said:
@JGarret

I think you mean it makes themselves happy and they get paid a shit load of cash for it.. kinda like artists.. they paint for themselves but patrons like what they see so they pay them.. if they painted to make others happy they would simply be painting portraits all day..

Well, there are few executives in the video game industry that I would stand up for, but Shigeru Miyamoto is one of them.  He is actually one of those rare guys who actually likes spreading goodness, etc.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he like that fat check he gets, but he really is a genuine guy.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

The big three do want us to stay happy, so we can make them more money... It all evens out and ebbs into the same river; profit. No one can deny that and anyone who does needs to think twice on how corporations work.

PS: Lol, as usual @ d21lewis!

Around the Network

M$ and sony don't want our money.

but nintendo is pretty obvious.

To directly answer the question in the title: it's their job.

Sometimes even if you know what you are going to lose, you got to go fight. That's part of being a man.  Eikichi Onizuka

d21lewis said:
Miyamoto robbed my parents at gun point when I was a kid. He is not a nice guy.

=[

Shiggy, say it ain't so.

Sony does not want my money, it will sell a PS3 at loss for me.
And really, some producers work to make funny nice games to people play. Not many of them, but some do.

They want to make consumers happy so they get money out of you, it's how thing work. It's like going in a shop and buying say a HD TV, you fell very good about it and for a money the price is not a concern due to the happiness they fell for that little time.