By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would a "next gen wii" look like?

http://img.photobucket.co[...]lex/ManetteWii2.jpg

Around the Network

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v224/darpalex/?action=view&current=ManetteWii2.jpg

I don't think Vonboy is too far off. It would have to be backwards compatible with the Wii. I doubt anyone would dispute that.

Nintendo benefits next gen in that they can make the leap to HD and make money off of it assuming production costs go down. If HD adoption is significant by the next generation, and it probably will be, there's no telling what a WiiHD or Wii2 could rake in.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

I think Nintendo may (no crow eating) drop the formula Von boy brought up, they wat to continue to increase the market, and that old method did the oppisite. New Crazy innovations. Things we never thought were possible.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

All I think is..it better not have a damn sensor bar anymore.

Around the Network
JouninGarret said:
All I think is..it better not have a damn sensor bar anymore.

Having the sensor bar/thingy built into the console like other consoles out there.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I think nintendo should allow people to transfer their VC games from the wii to the wii2, whenever it comes out.

vonboy said:
i'm going from the trend nintnendos other consoles

nes-innovates
snes-same thing with better ghraphics
n64-innovates
gc-same thing with better graphics
wii-innovates

so the next wii will have better graphics but not innoivate any, and the the one after that will have virtual reality or something lol.

I was thinking the same thing. Though I have noticed Nintendo does better in their inovate phase, and worse in their
better graphics phase" ... though nintendo did somewhat bad with the n64, and that was innovative, so may be the wii is a reversal of fortune

I think there's going to be some new innovation that once again takes another step towards VR. Wiimote? WiiBoard? Both seem to be suggesting more interaction with the games themselves. What will it be? I honestly have no idea. I never imagined the Wiimote would be what it is before it was revealed. My guesses were no where near accurate besides it being in two pieces. I guess we'll, once again, just have to wait and see.

Other than that, if they used a speaker in their controls again, I expect it to be of better quality. Also, I believe it will have HD as I expect that a majority of people will have adopted it. Finally, if it uses motion sensing again and accelerometers, I expect more range and accuracy.

I think it is more reasonable to look at recent developments in the hand held space to get queues for the sequel to the Wii. They have already said that was their inspiration for the Wii.

Yes Nintendo is all about innovation, but if this generation is as dominate for Nintendo as it looks, then they will scale back the innovation a little to not scare off all the new fans.

Name: Wii Advance, Wii SP, Wii DS, Wii HD. Something of that nature.

Timeframe: It will be 5-6 years same as always.

Price: Anyone who thinks the price wont be between $199 and $299 is an idiot. I am willing to lay down a bet that it will be $249 and include a game. It is only MS and Sony fanboys that say this is cheap. It is those companies that have overpriced what home consoles are supposed to cost. Just look at previous generations of gaming systems by all companies. The ones over $300 lost. Period! I doubt the PS4 or 720 will be any more than $350 after this mistake.

Look: Expect whatever semi-chic color is in silver, black, white etc. Definitely will be small.

HD: Cost of it's inclusion will be a nonissue. I bet you they will even include an HDMI cable. But there will be SD outputs.

Graphics: Bigger Better just like every increase in the past. But only so much that they can make a profit from console 1. They wont have as much R&D funds into the controllers this time so expect a decent boost. I am guessing two 360s Taped together. Hehe. I figure if MS can make money at $279 it is not a challenge to think a slightly faster system can be made for a company in 4 years.

Storage: Flash or Hard drive. I say flash memory if as 10-20 GB should be cost prohibitive. If it is than I say a non-upgradable Ipod sized harddive with 40 GB a space is an easy guess. SDHC slots are an easy guess.

Backwards compatability: A must, but they may drop the GC ports and offer a shell controller that functions with it.

Distribution: Propriatary HD disc format. No fees to Toshiba or Sony, less piracy. They may shift gears into major digital distribution and up the hard drive space to 100s of gigs but I doubt it.

Other: I say wireless rechargable sensor bar. Improved Wiimote. But generally the same functions.

Innovation. Expect a camera, balance bar/mat, or other feature to step up the uniqueness. Maybe a tension sensing grip in the nunchuck.

One moonshot idea I have is the next generation will have full motion sensing built in to the next Gameboy DS whatevers. They will also have a port and cable which plug into the Wiimote directly.

So more than a DS to DS lite improvement but less than the Advance to DS Improvement.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt