By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The official "PS3 is dooooomed, I should have known better" thread

Wow this is truley pathetic, such a biased site, even the moderators find it ok to put "PS3 WILL DIE" threads, you guys are terribly biased mods, if anyone would make 360 is doomed, ps3 is doomed, or wii is doomed, threads which arent allowed because all it does is cause a HUGE FLAME WAR, you should close the thread, and warn the poster.

Honestly wow, if I created wii is doomed thread, I would have been banned in an instant.

mM
Around the Network

they made an opposite thread as well, just that one isnt very popular. This is just supposed to be an official thread so we dont get so many of them, i dont see a problem with that.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

An official thread to bash a console? Honestly..

mM

We're not bashing, we're only being honest toward the PS3.

Many think it don't look good in the future.
There is a strong trend, we are already in the middle of this generation, the gaps are very wide.

We're just expressing our opinions.

My Gaming Setup

I'm a little concerned about the future, but anyone who actually thinks the PS3 will thrive isn't gonna care about these "DOOOOOOOOMMMEED" threads.

Otherwise, acknowledging them shows, whether you state it or not, that you believe the possibility for failure is indeed there.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

PS3 leaving the gaming business like Sega - probably not.

PS3 being in 3rd place, not making it's 10 year plan, and PS4 being a PS3.5 with very little R&D - very good possibility.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

leo-j said:

Wow this is truley pathetic, such a biased site, even the moderators find it ok to put "PS3 WILL DIE" threads, you guys are terribly biased mods, if anyone would make 360 is doomed, ps3 is doomed, or wii is doomed, threads which arent allowed because all it does is cause a HUGE FLAME WAR, you should close the thread, and warn the poster.

Honestly wow, if I created wii is doomed thread, I would have been banned in an instant.

Ehm, mind reading the OP before you start posting all kinds of nonsense.
This thread was made because at a certain moment about once every 15 minutes someone made a threaqd about how the PS3 was failing etc, etc. Most of the time by PS3 owners. I think it's a good idea to have all that crap in one thread. Besides I think the irony is pretty clear from the number of "o's" in doomed.

Mrstickball made exactly the same thread for the 360 during the period where the 360 wasn't doing so well. And if you would make a Wii is doomed thread you would be banned for dumbness.

i dont think PS3 is doomed

some of my friends who lived under a rock and only played 360 are now planning to get a PS3

so i dont think its doomed...

WiiStation360 said:
Christhegamer said:
This time it is different. This was "The year of the PS3" and it has fallen flat on its face. It does have games and it is expensive but it does have blu-ray and still it is selling slow. I think the main problem is the software sales, they are shocking....

I know 3 people with a PS3 including myself and they are only using it for movies. For a "games Console" this is very dangerous and software companies will leave it alone

The PS3, nor the 360 will ever be the best selling console for any year.  That is pretty much accepted.

Any "This is the year of ..." threads that are not the Wii are obviously unrealistic and unachievable.  No one declared this the year of the PS3 except for a very few Sony fans.

I think those people were talking about software. Quality software.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Dragging this back up.

NPD drop-off from October to November was bad for all Playstation consoles. This, in short, is absolutely terible. I don't think it's a good thing: the idea that something bad might happen to a family of consoles that has brought me so much joy is disconcerting, but I don't want ot leap to that conclusion either.

What does this drop-off in sales from October to November mean?

How badly does this reflect on Sony's chances in December?

Given that they can't afford a price drop, especially with PS2 and PSP sales falling off, what options are left to them?

Somebody give me easy-to-understand answers, here.

EDIT: I MEANT YEAR-OVER-YEAR

WHOOPS