By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The official "PS3 is dooooomed, I should have known better" thread

You'll probably see the first wave of third party PS3 cancelations by the end of January, a week or two after Dec NPD numbers come out.
A lot of the publishers are cutting staff and trimming games.
Low PS3 sales, longer and more expensive development time makes it pretty obvious which console is going to take the cuts.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Around the Network

the ps3 is the best console end of il tell u y its not doing well becasue of cheapskates buying an inferior console just to save a few quid then spend it on booze and fags.

im not cheap and im not stupid either that y i know the ps3 is the best im not bothered about sales i bothered about pure enjoyment which is what i get from the ps3 a hell of a lot more than the wii or 360 which get boring so quick

ps3 has bluray player
wireless conectivity (on 360 u pay for it)
free online (on 360 u pay for it)
trophies insted of acheivments
sixaxis and dualshock
better exclusives like uncharted, mgs4,gt5, r2, motor storm, lbp just to name a few
u can surf the net on the ps3
ps3 has home which is awesome
the ps3 is nowhere near as loud when running
recharble controllers (built in)

its better and everyone knows it but just does not want to admitt it

PS3 is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

Just saw this weeks WW gap. LOL

iamalmighty said:
the ps3 is the best console end of il tell u y its not doing well becasue of cheapskates buying an inferior console just to save a few quid then spend it on booze and fags.

im not cheap and im not stupid either that y i know the ps3 is the best im not bothered about sales i bothered about pure enjoyment which is what i get from the ps3 a hell of a lot more than the wii or 360 which get boring so quick

ps3 has bluray player
sixaxis and dualshock
better exclusives like uncharted, mgs4,gt5, r2, motor storm, lbp just to name a few

You can insult my console choice all you want but DO NOT say anything bad about alcohol and cigarettes!!!

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

I own a 360 and had a chance to buy a PS3 last week, guess what I bought....another 360. Why? No blockbuster games on the PS3 tthat I enjoy. I really wanted to play Socom but that ended up like crap, then I really wanted to play Resistance and while I hear it is good it doesn't sound like it is great and I cant justify spending 500.00 for one game. (and where is the 2 player coop in R2 when will game makers understand that people like to sit in the same room and play coop.)

Now reason I picked up another 360 instead of saving my money and buying an ipod touch is because of Gears of War 2. Me and a friend love playing coop and I figure system link is better than split screen. I also needed a bigger HD so those were the two kickers.

WHERE ARE YOUR GAMES AT SONY?

Around the Network

Great idea to have this thread. Now all the bullshit and bullshitters can congregate in one location without annoying me. I was beginning to get sick of even bothering to read these forums.

stof said:
Oh sure, this is the official PS3 doomed thread of right now. But once NA numbers come up I'll have to make another one.

If you do that I'll blow you with a bazooka

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
stof said:
Oh sure, this is the official PS3 doomed thread of right now. But once NA numbers come up I'll have to make another one.

If you do that I'll blow you with a bazooka

Oooh sounds kinky... how does that work?  Can I take stof's place since he has a girlfriend?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

kirby007 said:
SpartanFX said:
*~Onna76~* said:
"Note: I personally don't agree with all the hype. PS3 is definitely not in a good shape"

Was that entirely necessary? Anyway, good alternative, about time as well. It should have happened long time ago not only with the PS3 but also with other platforms anti / doomed threads. And IMO, every single thread with a subject which is identical to the preceding threads should be closed. Happens at most forums.

@NJ5 shut it, as far as I can see you do nothing but trolling.

amen to that

pffahahahaha you 2 make me laugh if someone is biased it is you 2

anyway this is another one of these http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51389&page=1

Yeah, and that's why you're getting banned all the time and we're not, *duh*.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

iamalmighty said:

ps3 has bluray player
sixaxis and dualshock

Its the ps3 fault that its expensive , sony would love to do it but they put to much stuff in their system to do so , its not microsofts fault that they thought ahead.

How the hell is the 360 inferior? Where do multiplatform games have the best graphics in... The 360.

How does the 360 get boring with the best game library this gen.........

And how is it better when the 360 can do all(and more in some cases)  the ps3 can at a smaller price?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!