By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks Like The 360 "only" Sold about 350k in NA last week.

Yes, Bigjon, quit while your ahead. When Stick posted that last year MS said they sold 310,000 on black Friday, in this exact same press release from last year, it proves a few things. One thing for sure is that you can't get an accurate sales measuring going strictly by the MS press conference release numbers. Period. You can't even get a close one. You only have 1 day of the whole week figured anywhere close.

Even that doesn't count Canada or Mexico.

There is no way to explain how MS could have outsold the PS3 3-1, with only 400,000 units max sold. Your reasoning is flawed here, and you don't have enough information to come up with a credible figure.

Let's just wait on ioi.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Why does anyone bother responding to anything this guy ever says? He has got to be the biggest Sony fanboy that ever lived...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

madkiller said:
Why does anyone bother responding to anything this guy ever says? He has got to be the biggest Sony fanboy that ever lived...

I don't think he's a Sony fanboy. I think he just made a mistake and we should lay off of him.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

And for the record (which was brought up by myself, and other posters):

If you want to take Microsoft at their word, and argue for 350k sales, you must also argue for the Playstation 3 selling so abysmally during Black Friday...That you must be prepared for the very apt comparisons to the Sega Dreamcast.

So then the question becomes: Do you think the Playstation 3 is indeed the Sega Dreamcast personified, and this Black Friday 2000 all over again (DC only shipped 1.4m as per VGC for the entire 6 month period from Sept 2000-Mar 2001)?

Personally, I don't think the Playstation 3 is as horrible as you make it out to be, Bigjon.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I'll just wait till the estimates come out, but I am certain it will be just over 500k.

I called 800k WW sales for the 360 last week and it looks like that is very doable.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
madkiller said:

I don't think he's a Sony fanboy. I think he just made a mistake and we should lay off of him.

LMAO, the guy spends every day of his life on this site trying to make the 360 look worse than it is in sales. He is just pissed off that MS is destroying Sony now...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

madkiller said:

ur funny. I think that is the first time I recall EVER being called a sony fanboy. I bought a PS3 over 360 for bluray and GT5 (as far the things that pushed me over to PS3... oh ya and RROD). Thats about it, i have no deep running aliance to them. I have always played Nintendo consoles. Usually bought a PS for Square and GT games later in the gen. I guess that just makes me a fanboy. I honestly dont have time anymore to play too many games. I have a Wii for party and Nintendo games, and a PS3 for some HD gaming. There are so many games I do not have the time to play on PSWii, is the only reason I dont own a 360. Trust me, If i was still in HS I would get a 360 for Fable and Gears, and Lost Odessy.... but I dont even have time to play my ps3... I bought the MGS4 Bundle, and have yet to get around to playing MGS....

I am definily not a MS hater, if I am a hater of any products on the market it would be Mac, and the PSP (how can it be i am a sony fanboy)

No, I think what is annoying me, is it seems like in the past 3 weeks or so there have been 3 million 360 fanboys coming out of the closet (so to say). Most of the people attacking me are 360 fanboys who have been in hiding for 2 years or so, now they feel all big and bold... Kinda odd actually. I admit I did not see MS's numbers from last year, but oh well think what you will. I think 360 for the week of BF will be 425-450. For some reason my prediction being 50-75k lower than what you think it is... it is driving you crazy. So be it, it is MY theory I explained it. It makes sense to me now screw off.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

It takes a special kind of Sony fanboy to be able to spin the 360 outselling PS3 3-1 as some kind of 360 bad news.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

This is a very weak increase, just 25%, wow. As for the 3:1 ratio, well....

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

bigjon said:

http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/press/2008/dec08/12-01Xbox360BlackFridayPR.mspx

REDMOND, Wash. — Dec. 1, 2008 — Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system kicked off the holidays with record-breaking console sales on one of the biggest shopping weekends of the year in the U.S. Retailers reported Xbox 360 console sales over the Black Friday weekend were on pace to beat previous years, outselling the PlayStation 3 by a three-to-one ratio and estimating a 25 percent increase from Xbox 360 Black Friday sales figures from 2007.

Strong game sales rounded out a historic Black Friday for Xbox 360, with record-paced software sales continuing for key Microsoft titles, such as “Gears of War 2,” “Fable II,” and “Lips.” Xbox 360 continues to have the highest game attach rate of any console at 8.1 games per console.

“We entered into the Black Friday sales period with cautious optimism, knowing that dollar for dollar, Xbox 360 offers more social entertainment value than any other console on the market,” said Don Mattrick, senior vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft. “Record Black Friday sales in the U.S., coupled with our existing global install base of 25 million and an online community of more than 14 million Xbox LIVE members, have laid the groundwork for continued global sales momentum in 2009.”

Xbox 360 sales have also surged worldwide since the September price drop, outselling the PlayStation 3 week over week across Europe. Console sales in Europe are up as much as 400 percent, with sales nearly double year over year and reaching 7 million consoles sold this generation.

With a mass-market price point starting at $199.99 worldwide (estimated retail price) for Xbox 360 Arcade, a games lineup of more broad-appeal social titles than any other platform, and the recently launched New Xbox Experience, Xbox 360 is leading the industry and inviting everyone to play.

Ok, so. A 25% increase over last year... Last year was like 270k, which would put the 360 at about 350k or so. NOW... I realize that they are just talking about BF only was 25% up, but that is by far the biggest sales day of the week, so unless the rest of the week was up like 500% there is no way the 360 could have sold anywhere near 500k. 400k is the max.

But, Applying the 25% to the who week actually skews the number higher. Due to the fact that all of the crazy deals were on that day. Either way, unless MS does not know what they sold... 500k seems out of reach.

the good part is, that 350k is freaking awsome. For PS3 fans... divide the 360 number by 3... eww.... (could be some number spinning by ms there..)

Seriously, It does not seem right, but it straight from the horses mouth.

Funny, how this article only mentions the Xbox beating the PS3 3:1 ratio, And dont even mention the Wii that's kicking Both of them in the Ass.