By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Thing Current Gen Has Brought Us!

Motion controls, that's the biggest thing.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

the best thong the curernt gen has brought us is the ps3

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Gearbox said:
townzy89 said:

Whats the best thing this gen has brought to CONSOLE gaming.

last gen i believe it was Xbox live... nothing else really stands out.

i think most people will say motion sensing. but as i have barely played a wii. (might buy one for christmas maybe) i would have to say achievements.

Yes they can be bad as you get the achievement whores that have 200k plus gamerscore. but for me its good to go over them and see what you have. and its obvious to see what games you really liked etc.

Achievements have increased my playing as i use to get bored of games really quick (still do) but i play for a bit more or play games on the hardest difficulty to get those few more gamerscore points

If they could be used a little better to mould the way you play the game and have it almost impossible to get 1000 points unless you played it to death, then they would be perfect

achievemsents like getting 30 kills with every gun (dead space) etc are great as they do mould the way you play the game. but ones like shoot 30 toilets are just stupid and pointless etc and points for campaign should not exceed 500 max.

so yeah achievements are pretty sweet and i want a wii but i think it has no achievements!!!.

another thing would be wireless controllers. i hope next gen can take it further and wirelessly connect to the tv somehow so all you have is a power cord.

bandai pippin had wireless controllers and that was wayyy back during the first playstation!

it was also a horrible abortion of a console with hardware designed by apple, and internally they tried to kill it before it got out... in the end they sold the developed console to bandai..... it was suposed to be a dumb console (no media drive/internal storage) for hotels to rent out gaming through  a main server with teathered permenet controllers when apple originally worked on it.... we see how that turned out

granted this was before the return of Jobs... the savior and bringer of the Ipod, and profits 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

The proper multiplayer, the mods (UT3), the ability to play a FPS with mouse/keyboard on console (UT3), the arcade/wiiware/psn games and the HD resolution.

Serious_frusting said:
the best thong the curernt gen has brought us is the ps3

PS3 = sexy underwear confirmed?? How can it lose the console war now?

Come to think of it, I don't think much of the world uses thong to mean underwear, so if you do not get this joke, move to a different country and try again

Around the Network

the current console generation has brought us is LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

The best thing this Gen in my opinion is WiiFit. A game, which let me switch from obese to overweight (and soon to normal weight).

Little Big Planet

It was nice to see something different for a change. If I saw a 304625th shooter this year I would have tore my hair out. This gen has been flooding us with the same genre of games for years now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Console gaming.......... I appreciate what microsoft have done on xbla by bringing so many classic arcade/retro games (most of them with multiplayer) and achievements are now very much a part of a lot of peoples everyday gaming life.

Good job microsoft, i salute you.

motion controls.