By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other SALE UP! -- Playstation biting the dust!

Neoraf said:
leo-j, stop humiliating yourself.

Accept defeat, and go buy a 360.
The Playstation brand is a thing from the past.

I cant even reply to you

mM
Around the Network
Neoraf said:

Let me write that down, so I can go mark off all the games I still want for my PS2, but haven't had the chance to get/play yet.   That should shrink my list down to about 20% its current size.

If I had to lose one of my consoles... PS2 or XBox360... which one would it be... which one... hmm. ;)  

Knock the PS3 all you want man...  don't knock the King and its predecessor.

leo-j said:
Neoraf said:

I cant even reply to you

well if u dont have an Xbox 360, he has a point and u should really give it a chance.

Groucho said:
Neoraf said:

Let me write that down, so I can go mark off all the games I still want for my PS2, but haven't had the chance to get/play yet.   That should shrink my list down to about 20% its current size.

If I had to lose one of my consoles... PS2 or XBox360... which one would it be... which one... hmm. ;)  

Knock the PS3 all you want man.

Its not about games, its about sales/sarcasm

@Gneral ram

What does this discussion have to do with me buying an XBOX 360?

mM
Groucho said:
Neoraf said:

i think he meant PS3 in particular, since it is sonys latest offering to the market.

also by mentioning PS2, ur basically using it to back up PS3, signifying that PS3 cant hold its own against 360.

@leo-j

just saying. give it some thought. its a good buy.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Infamous

My argument of $200 vs $400 in a time of an ECONOMIC CRISIS still stands. You haven't changed anything, but like I said: it's all about brownie points with you, sad.

Now it's brownie points? What's next? I thought you were done? Let me copy and paste my original response to you:

"Wow, I don't mean to respond to you in another thread, but face the facts.

It was announced that only around 50% of arcades contributed to these sales. So, if 360 sold 310k, that puts it to 155k ARCADE units sold alone, meaning that 50% which was 60gigs/Elites contributed to these great sales (which, if you've been following up, you would know because 360's are sold out almost everywhere in every SKU save an Elite here and there).

That means that, without $200 arcades, 360 STILL sold more than PS3 in others. Imagine when America pops up..

Point being, please let the "$200 price vs $400" thing go. Obviously price has a factor, OBVIOUSLY (throwing that in here for future flames), but come on now.. NXE, plathora of great games, etc..

And yes, the PS3 is doing well. We know."

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Well, if the 360 continues to outsell the ps3 by 2:1 in others and 3:1 in the United States for the rest of the month a real ass kicking will be under way. Even if Japanese sales can cut that to 4:1(It's consumer base may not be large enough to make a difference)... what can I say; it's like losing a basketball game 20 to 80. This is not a good sign in a region where sony really hoped to compete with the 360, let alone worldwide considering how many consumer countries make up others.

@General Ram

Why dont you buy a ps3?

mM
-General_Ram- said:
Groucho said:
Neoraf said:

i think he meant PS3 in particular, since it is sonys latest offering to the market.

also by mentioning PS2, ur basically using it to back up PS3, signifying that PS3 cant hold its own against 360.

@leo-j

just saying. give it some thought. its a good buy.

He said "The Playstation brand is a thing from the past."  I didn't bring the PS2 and PS1 into it... he did.

The truth is that the X360 pales in comparison to the last gen, and frankly so does the Wii.  It honestly doesn't have much ground to stand on, to claim greatness and superiority over any console, including the PS3.  They both have decent games.  His statement is ludicrous.

That's my point.  

If you didn't own a console, you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by purchasing a PS2 over anything else.  If you like HD movies, you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by buying a PS3 over the 360, since the games are hardly different.    The argument that the 360 is cheaper is a gimmick, and we all know it.  After you total the online fees, for decent network gaming, and the HDD, it comes out the same, except you don't have a BD player, which sucks.

@ leo-j: ...If you like Microsoft, you'd be doing yourself a huge favor and waiting for the masses to clear out the Falcon motherboards before buying a 360 -- unless you think RRoD is fun.  Lot 0845 or better, and you're probably guaranteed.  My own release 360 just choked on me recently, and I'm waiting myself (going to sell the refurb Falcon when I get it back)...

It's interesting that Microsoft is now dominating the Europe market despite the overwhelming support they once gave Sony not even a good month ago. It's unfortunate that in Japan despite all the exclusive goodness Microsoft gives the market that the PS3 has been winning again as of late, of course 10k a week isn't bad by Microsoft standards for a console in Japan.

It's just that simple.