By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
dtewi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I will LOL at people saying PS3 is dead.....when next year at a lower price point GT 5 comes on PS3 in EU....next xmas...

Didn't you post a thread saying that you accept PS3's defeat?

Or is this whole 5 Stage thing a cycle and we'll have to endure constant bickering until 2012?

you are back

mM
Around the Network
dtewi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I will LOL at people saying PS3 is dead.....when next year at a lower price point GT 5 comes on PS3 in EU....next xmas...

Didn't you post a thread saying that you accept PS3's defeat?

Or is this whole 5 Stage thing a cycle and we'll have to endure constant bickering until 2012?

its way too early yet, just look at the price of ps3! anyway people act like the ps3 is going to stay that price forever. if any console is dead it the damn 360 why? cause if you compare them both in the same timeframe, then the 360 is way behind! also 23 million in 3 years? thats a HUGE success but ps3 sales aint? selling much more in the same timeframe! in europe it hasnt even been 2 years yet! it came out march 2007. so people get back down to earth and stop dreaming that the 360 is going to beat the ps3. hell stop dreaming about the 360 even reaching 40 million sold.

bigjon said:

Week ending Dec 1, 2007 in others

Ds- 680k

Wii- 280k

PS3- 177k

360- 106k

Week ending Nov 29, 2008

DS- 780k

Wii- 520k

360- 320k

PS3- 170k

Wii about doubles, 360 about triples.... wow.  PS3 sees no increase. DS was already megaton last year, I am actually shocked it continues to climb.

Nice info. Is this the week with the 160g PS3?? I tought that it was a really bad idea to release a more expensive console for the holidays.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
bigjon said:

Ds- 680k

Wii- 280k

PS3- 177k

360- 106k

Week ending Nov 29, 2008

DS- 780k

Wii- 520k

360- 320k

PS3- 170k

Wii about doubles, 360 about triples.... wow.  PS3 sees no increase. DS was already megaton last year, I am actually shocked it continues to climb.

thats what i dont get, ps3 has been selling better than last year all year but now its selling worse? somethings not right.

3 words - 360 price cut

www.jamesvandermemes.com

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
bigjon said:

Ds- 680k

Wii- 280k

PS3- 177k

360- 106k

Week ending Nov 29, 2008

DS- 780k

Wii- 520k

360- 320k

PS3- 170k

Wii about doubles, 360 about triples.... wow. PS3 sees no increase. DS was already megaton last year, I am actually shocked it continues to climb.

thats what i dont get, ps3 has been selling better than last year all year but now its selling worse? somethings not right.

About this time last year was when the PS3 had a price drop (at least here in Australia anyway, not sure about other regions).

Around the Network

Well snake, the U.S just officially declared we are in a recession, and its starting to occur WW, how can sony cut the price if they will start earning less money for the ps3?

mM
Soriku said:
@bigjon

PS3 dropped? Ouch.

by 7k in one region. But it also sold lots more in US. I was expecting 350k - 360k this week for the ps3. looks like it will do over 400k so i'm quit happy.

cyclone87 said:

Oh look, more "Playstation is doooooooommed" posts. I've been reading these since the system launched 2 year ago so I see now reason to stop now.

well judging by these europe numbers, id say there is a certain ring of truth.

If u said 360 would outsell PS3 in EUROPE by 100k on a week a year or more ago.........ud be laughed at, even BANNED for downright LYING. Thats how improbable it was back then.

Now look.

lol i remember when people called the 360 price cut MS being desperate, but now they call the ps3 price cut a chance for better sales

I can't understand many individuals on this site. How do the sales of the console affect the games you play? Even if the ps3 dreamcasts at the worst case scenario, you'll always have the great games you bought to play for as long as you're interested. So much gloom and doom talk lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler