By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii owners Secret Santa thread (Post before December 15th to join!)

Great idea. I'll post my info in a bit. :D

Around the Network
Cactus said:
GooseGaws said:
It may bear mentioning that just because a person doesn't own a game on the VC doesn't mean that they don't own it on another platform (or more than one, even). Make sure that you're not purchasing a game the recipient already owns in some other form.

This is very true. An example would be that I have SMB Deluxe for GBC, which includes the original game and the lost levels, so we have to make sure to scan or recipients entire game list.

Another good example is a compilation, such as The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition or Super Mario All-Stars.  Watch out for these, folks!

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

GooseGaws said:
Cactus said:
GooseGaws said:
It may bear mentioning that just because a person doesn't own a game on the VC doesn't mean that they don't own it on another platform (or more than one, even). Make sure that you're not purchasing a game the recipient already owns in some other form.

This is very true. An example would be that I have SMB Deluxe for GBC, which includes the original game and the lost levels, so we have to make sure to scan or recipients entire game list.

Another good example is a compilation, such as The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition or Super Mario All-Stars.  Watch out for these, folks!

That doesn't matter to some people. I own the Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask twice, via the N64 versions and the Collector's Edition disc, but I certainly wouldn't mine owning them on the VC.  xD

Though the Zelda series is a special case for me.

GooseGaws said:
Cactus said:
GooseGaws said:

Good thinking y'all.

I'll update the OP a bit.

when exactly are you going to do this? i think i'll be back home the 16th or 17th (where i have wifi)

Around the Network
Phoenix_Wiight said:
when exactly are you going to do this? i think i'll be back home the 16th or 17th (where i have wifi)

The 15th is the last day to register, so I'll be sending out the assignments on either the 16th or 17th (good timing, eh?)

If someone needs to get their person a little earlier, or later, they can PM me ahead of time, and I'll try to work something out. It shouldn't be too difficult to do so.

Okay I'm in

Wii # is in my sig.

Country is Canada (but I've sent/received to/from US before)

Controls: Gamecube, balance board

Games: Better to send a wiiware as my list is short and up-to-date, I've so many VC I'd hate to have to list them all.

Hey im deff in for this, sounds super cool.
Wii code- 8972 6982 3229 1285
Country- Canada
Have all types of controllers

Edit: time to update the VC games!

PSWii60 owner! woot

Get your Portable ID!

Ah, just remembered that my last final is on the 17th, so I'll be sending out the assignments on the 18th. Just an FYI.

noname2200 said:
Ah, just remembered that my last final is on the 17th, so I'll be sending out the assignments on the 18th. Just an FYI.

I hope you can do it early cause im leaving on the 19.... no wii for like, 3 weeks :s