By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 thread

Not really related to Persona 4, but I just got the newest Devil Summoner game (Kuzunoha vs. Abadon King) I hope it's good, I found it on sale. :)

I'm also getting Persona 3 FES sent to me by my family from the US, good times, good times. That's a pretty good deal they have for it on Amazon with Persona 3 FES and the art book&soundtrack for $23! Wow, excellent price!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

Shadow Yukiko is giving me a very hard time and is one of the first bosses. I don't want to imagine how are the rest. She already wiped my party three times, I always start fine, and when I lower her life to less than a half, suddenly I miss some attacks,she gets a critical, and voilà, party wiped. Maybe I should attack the Prince. Has anyone faced a challenge against this boss? I'm playing on Normal

zexen_lowe said:
Shadow Yukiko is giving me a very hard time and is one of the first bosses. I don't want to imagine how are the rest. She already wiped my party three times, I always start fine, and when I lower her life to less than a half, suddenly I miss some attacks,she gets a critical, and voilà, party wiped. Maybe I should attack the Prince. Has anyone faced a challenge against this boss? I'm playing on Normal

She was giving me a hard time too, but I finally beat her on my third try. Here's what I did: First all my characters were at level 15. Then I fused Asparas and Nati Taishi to create Orobas (he is strong against fire and has some pretty good strike attacks). I let Chie do mabufu to attack both the prince and shadow Yukiko, and then use bufu to attack the prince with the one strike more thing. Yosuke did the healing while the protagonist did a bunch of strike attacks with Orobas. Once the prince is dead and Shadow Yukiko has like less than half, Chie would guard the attacks so that Yukiko wouldn't get another turn, and both the protagonist and Yosuke did the attacks and healing. Buy a few medicines that heals every party member.

Also, Chie's voice isn't that bad at all maybe because I got used to her voice, but she does sound mature at a few occasions.

@smbu, tell us how Raidou vs. King Abandon is.

Thanks, but just after I posted that, I went back to P4 and after a lot of swearing and 4 revival beads, I beat her. Still, it was pretty hard. Maybe I was a bit underleveled, I went there in level 14, I think, so Chie didn't have Mabufu.

I actually do find Chie's voice bad. Not Fuuka-level bad, of course, but I think it's a bit out of character. But Yosuke's voice = amazing. Actually Yosuke is amazing, one of the best characters I've seen in any RPG.

Does anyone miss like me the calendar? I wanna now the names of the holidays beforehand.

This game is da bomb.

Yeah, same here. I want to know when the events will happen. That king in Yukiko's castle is giving me a hard time.

Around the Network

Don't tell me, I have already beaten the sauna boss and I still can't beat the king in the castle, he kills me with one hit all my party. Luckily it's optional, and I can come back maybe when I'm level 30 and kick his ass easily.

This game completely rocks. Period. My game of the year without a single doubt, no contest at all

Beat the king in the castle after the sauna boss. Maybe you just need to find some better armor. I got lucky and found some good ones in the gold treasure boxes. Even my new character wasn't hurt too much by his attacks though, and he was just wearing chainmail. That rampage thing sucks, but he usually doesn't quite kill anyone with it if you're all full health.

Finally managed to defeat the king in the castle, I was lucky because I guarded all my characters the two times he did Rampage, so he didn't do much damage at all. Other than that, it was all kicking his ass with my Rakshasa and its Gale Slash (I loved this skill in Persona 3, and I'm loving it even more in P4).

Also, the small references to P3 in the game are excellent, I laughed when I saw again President Tanaka in the TV, but the best of all is by far when Queen Tut talks about her brother, simply amazing

I was surprise to see him there. I wonder what other references will be there.

How hard is the sauna boss?

Mirson said:
I was surprise to see him there. I wonder what other references will be there.

How hard is the sauna boss?

Sauna boss is hard at first but once you get rid of the "nice guy" (just use powerful physical attacks), it's a breeze. Remember to bring dokudami tea (forgot how to spell it) to cure poison though or you won't survive.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler