By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If you know anything about RPGs, enter here.

From your list, I'd say Xenosaga I-III. I'm not the biggest fan of action RPGs so I'm biased against Dark cloud

If you really want the best Ps2 RPG ever though, just wait for Persona 4. It releases Dec 9.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

final fantasy 10-2 isnt garbage, i think its alot better rpg from square-enix than ff12, now that was complete crap. get dark cloud 1, its a must buy. dark cloud 2 is a good game, but not anywhere near as good as the 1st game. the xenosaga games are good games, specially 1 and 3 . part 2 is ok, but not great.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Xenosaga and .hack are good series, so isn't Dark Cloud. I'd get FFX-2 last from that list

Would FF X-2 be good enough for my younger sister? I don't know if it would be too hard for her...

As for FF in general, which one is good after FFX?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

"Would FF X-2 be good enough for my younger sister?"

I woulkdn't recommend it for anyone. Even if u hate them...

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Would FF X-2 be good enough for my younger sister? I don't know if it would be too hard for her...

If she played FFX yeah then ok she probably will love it. 

After FFX the FF games are...uhm weird.

FFXI is an MMO with a monthly Fee that is in fact a good game in my opionion but I guess you are not into that?

FFXII doesn't feel like an FF game one of the reasons why a lot of FF fans hate it but then again their were some people who loved it.  

But imo the best JRPG will release this december Persona 4 and if you didn't played Persona 3: FES...Then get it =p.

Both the Dark Cloud Series and Xenosaga Series are awesome games.

If you are into dungeon crawlers, I would suggest Dark Cloud 1 & 2

Otherwise, go for the Xenosaga series if you want a more traditional RPG.

The .hack series is good, but because it is divided into parts, it requires all the games to understand the plot. It is a dungeon crawler, so Dark Cloud would be the better choice.

FF X-2 is okay. It has an excellent battle system, but the story is complete garbage.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

SaviorX said:

Every FF main title is an AAA game. Don't let detractors fool you. FFXII might not be as good as it's predecessors but it was the second best JRPG released for PS2 in 2006 the first place going to Persona 3 of course!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

SaviorX said:

The best one out of them - XII. 

Rei said:
SaviorX said:

IMO The best one out of them - XII.

Fix'd