By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Long EDGE interview with Miyamoto

Miyamoto is the King!

Around the Network

Nothing but gold with every reply. Miyamoto is truly the best game designer alive.
(>'.')>

a lot of people will not like miyamoto spending so much time on the wii___ titles. but hes still given us the best reviewed exclusive of this generation. plus hasnt him and nitnendo always been about the 'casual' thing? i mean there first console was called the 'family computer' zelda was created as a game 'where the player has their own little garden to explore'

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

deathcape said:
great replies Miyamoto...great replies

hehe...yet all the hardcore and fanboys will miss the important info in this..

we can only confirm that we are working on the next Mario and the next Zelda, etc. 

That's it for me.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

And I love Shiggy with all my heart and soul.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

I almost have a problem believeing some of the Miyamoto interviews.

Generally, when I read/watch an interview, the object says something that I disagree with, something that doesn't make sense, something stupid, or something that interferes with something he has said before.

I've now read over 10, maybe 20 interviews with Miyamoto as the object, and has not yet found one.

Hehe, that's almost as in his games, now isn't it?

Edit: Oops, starting to pick up some American language from VGChartz. Not a good thing.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Miyamoto answered the questions very well.
Would the next Mario they're making be like Super Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy?...Or could it be anything, like Mario Tennis?
I loved Galaxy, so I would love to see another Super Mario game, though they still have plenty of other series to release on Wii. Like a Luigi game, Starfox, Pikmin, games like that.

Good interview (as always)

Gnosis, it'll be a 3d platformer

"I really appreciate that the gaming media has a different view of anything as new as Wii Music today – it’s simply symbolises how different and unique Wii Music is. To tell the truth, I have this big ambition for Wii Music, that it can eventually be something very influential so that it might be able to influence what music means in the world."

Translation: I (Miyamoto) have been defining and saving the games industry since before these reviewers knew what a joystick was - I think I know what comprises a good game.

Miyamoto doesn't have to worry about people not remembering him. All gamers will.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Miyamoto:
I would be happiest if people look back some day and say this is somebody who was there when videogames first started being created and he’s somebody who was continually creating new styles of play and was bringing new ideas to games and was a pioneer up until his dying day.

Take it for granted my friend. You, among all, should be remember several years after you're gone as the most innovative person in the videogame industry. You are simply the best, a genius. Your name will last for ages. Thank You Miyamoto.