By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A pet hate of mine for gaming...

Now, this is a rant at gamestores... not all gamestores but those particular gamestores to whom the following applies...

As a gamer, I love the feeling, the look, the sheer... beauty... of a new game in my library, a new case standing proud amongst it's brethren; showing my love, my devotion and passion for videogaming. A good games collection is something to be proud of, and something that should just 'look good' to the eyes of any gaming fan.

So, my rant to these particular stores comes down to one thing which to no end pisses me off a huge deal...

STICKERS.

Those bloody stickers which refuse to peel off a case properly, and leave such horrible sticky marks on the plastic sheeting of the case which take an age and an effort to remove, which in doing so usually ends the sheer cleanliness or perfection of a case anyway!

Case in point:

A spanking new copy of Tomb Raider Underworld, purchased today for an awesome price of £28, the case already ruined...

Now the guilty culprit is Grainger Games who have put these horrible peeling stickers on their cases since they opened! Chips is another store that really sucks for it!

Props however, goes to Gamestation, for stickers that don't rip / tear and peel away completely easily without any mess!

Come on people, how many of you hate this?!

Around the Network

I hate that too, video game or dvd actually. acetone (nail polish remover) will dissolve that mess but be careful - it will also dissolve/craze certain plastics. i've never tried it on a 360 case to know what kind of plastic they are using.

I despise it, which is why I buy from amazon, as they are mostly fine, though my South Park DVDs have come with stickers on which really annoys me!!!

Unfortunately Brian lara cricket came with a sticker on... I ended up spending about 30 mins trying to clear up the last bits of the resin on the case.... it does reaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy annoy me

It happens all the time when I buy stuff from EbGames. You have to ask them to get the game in their backstore, otherwise they already open the boxes and everything. :/

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Softly use a hair-dryer on the plastic, make sure its not too hot to melt the plastic. But enough to melt the glue a tiny bit. If you did it right, the sticker rolls off cleanly leaving only a bit of glue left on the plastic, which is easily washed.

I've heard applying alot of water can help as well, although I generally have success with the hair-dryer trick.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network

WD-40 works like magic =P

I've only bought a few games that had the stickers on them and they were a pain in the ass to get off. Sometimes you can just peel them off carefully and everything will be fine and dandy but other times, even being as careful as possible, the sticker wins.

I hate it.

Personally, i hate it when gamestop tells me that i should buy a specific game. but ya that's bad too

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

V-r0cK said:
WD-40 works like magic =P

ROFL, I never thought of using it for that purpose but it may work.

^_^

so buy from amazon >.>