By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix 08 sales Down 75%

darthdevidem01 said:
HA!

I am very happy this has happened.

Givign all those JRPG's to 360 for no reason & SO4 as well....WTF!

& not supporting wii.....WTF!

they deserve this....

Let us hope White Knight Chronicles sells a hefty amount so S-E realizes how damn stupid Wada is and get him the fuck out of there. He just took over last year I believe and look how things have been since then.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

@Euphoria

lets hope it does...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

*~Onna76~* said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Zlejedi said:
Sigh they could have easily added at least 100 or more probably 200k more if they released IU on PS3.

Infinite Undiscovery is owned by Microsoft. Just like Halo.

Nope its not, released by Square Enix, designed by Tri Ace. Square Enix is the official owner of the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/data/935661.html

About Halo you're absolutely right:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/data/926632.html

Can't say I'm surprised nor disappointed.

No, franchise IS owned by MS.

http://www.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/trademarks/en-us.mspx

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Also to show just how bad their decisions have been lately with their New IP's and console RPG's, just look at their only 2 good selling games this year.

2 ports of 10+ year old titles.

With good sales of WKC (Let us hope), it will prove that S-E has made the wrong console choice this gen. Especially in Japan.

Hehe, I can't wait for Trestres to see this.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

You know, every once in a while I allow myself to forget that console fanboys are really the kind of people who would go "serves them right" when game designers experience lower sales.

Thanks for opening my eyes on that front, guys. And lowering my faith in humanity another notch.

Around the Network

nice....this is great news :D

EDIT: expecting a bigger decline in sales for 2009 :)

Khuutra said:
You know, every once in a while I allow myself to forget that console fanboys are really the kind of people who would go "serves them right" when game designers experience lower sales.

Thanks for opening my eyes on that front, guys. And lowering my faith in humanity another notch.

You know, every once in a while I allow myself to forget that people make assumptions that "serves them right" is only said by console fanboys and has nothing to do with the fact that said company has been releasing sloppy new IP's, remakes of 10+ year old titles and constant FF spinoffs.

Thanks for opening my eyes on that front, and lowering my faith in humanity another notch.

Currently playing:

So who think FXIII will sold more on 360 than ps3.
for me is 360 because of its awesome user base.

msnolp said:
So who think FXIII will sold more on 360 than ps3.
for me is 360 because of its awesome user base.

I would love to know how you came up with that decision. Considering the fact that the Final Fantasy series sells best in Japan (roughly half its sales are Japan based) and the game is releasing exclusively on PS3 in that territory.

Not trying to be a smartass, this is a serious question.

Currently playing:

msnolp said:

Don't blame Square Enix, blame the US recession.

We are just talking about Japanese sales.  Nevertheless, Square is to blame if Sqaure has bad Japanese sales.  If Square just wanted strong Japanese sales, all of there Japanese games wouls be in DS, PSP, WII, PS3 and cell phones.  That is not the case so Sqaure is interested in other things.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org