By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Warhawk goes gold

Dolla Dolla said:
ckmlb said:
More important than this going gold is the price. 40 dollars for downloadable only, the retail version is definitely the better deal.

1 point review score drops on EGM/1UP confirmed.

At least they had the decency to say that it is actually 1 point higher if you just rate it on merit.

The download is really 40 bucks?

Yikes. Please, all buy the retail version, much better deal.

You can get the same headest for $22 so its the same thing.

Around the Network

It's getting hot ! My purchase list:

August

Warhawk - 08.28.07 -  I will pick downloadable version up

September

Lair - 08.04.07

Heavenly Sword - 08.12.07

October

Eye of Judgement - 09.01.07 - if really good

Ratchet and Clank - 09.02.07

Super Street Fighter Turbo HD - 09.18.07

Real wallet's slaughter starts in November though - Assassins Creed, Haze, CoD4, Unreal III, Uncharted...

Good to be a Ps3 owner

Yeah, I might have downloaded if it was $30, but this seals it. I needed a Bluetooth Headset anyways.

To anyone who complains about the price - the bundle is a great deal, and the download price is still cheaper than Shadowrun. I still think it should have been 30-35, but its not like it is unreasonably priced.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Unless your talking about a different article CK(not the one killzone3 posted) or have read the review the article EGM posted seemed to have stated that just on it's merits it deserved to be a point lower and only got scores that high because it was a half price game.

It's not them "Taking a stand on price" vs sony like so many people misread it. It's them usually having the price of a game ahead of time to judge it's value and not having it here. Therefore having to invent their own price. Maybe Shadowrun got such a high review because they thought it was a better game?  Possible isn't it? If it goes over of course it's going to be a lower review. Just as if it went lower it would be a higher review. Just deal.

Either way, yeah I wouldn't see why anyone wouldn't get the retail version. It isn't "The same" as the PSN download because you get a box, instructions, art etc. and a CD which can be resold if you don't like the game. No reason to not get the retail version unless you have noone to give the headset to. Even then it'd likely be worth it as a backup.

Warhawk may finally use the full potential of the Playstation 3 controller. I am looking forward to it.