By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Littlebigplanet = LittlebigFlop

You need a beta in a game like this. It's like Spore and the Creature Creator...

It lets stuff be up day one.

Though i could see some of the "Hardcore" creation nerds being turned off by LBP after the demo... as there were some stylized limitations put in for whatever reason... to make it excessable and the like... but I mean.  They aren't the mainstream audience anyway.

Around the Network

The beta was extreemly limited, and it turned many people off, my friends are no longer getting LBP after playing the beta, which is sad, the game itself is far better than the beta.

mM

You can't really blame the beta because beta tests tend to only hurt games which are (particularly) bad ... many of the biggest and most popular games have very large beta tests. What it comes down to is that Little Big Planet is the round-peg to the PS3's userbase's square hole.

When you have the PS2's 100+ Million userbase you have a wide variety of users who are looking for a lot of different kinds of games and (most) good games can find the audience that they have earned; in contrast, systems that have yet to achieve particularly large userbases tend to be fairly focused on a couple of genres that do well and outside of these genres games struggle.

Now the sales of this game certainly justifed the development of the game, and possibly have covered all costs (including marketing), but didn't live up to the expectations of some members of this forum who were hyping the game endlessly.

The only thing I can that is blatantly wrong is that LBP is from a no-name developer with less than 50 people!

And clearly the author has never seen the DS evergreens.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i thinked the beta helped it, i got into it and im gonna buy the game now because of the beta, same thing with my friends.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

Didn't read all of the posts in this thread. I just wanted to interject in case someone else hasn't that LBP is a brand new IP. You can't compare its sales to those of established franchise sequels. It's quite an enjoyable game and there's nothing else quite like it on the market. This is one of those games that should have great word of mouth. People who have it will talk about it to people who don't. I know I do.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

PS3 was $700? When was this?

Even if somebody wants to consider this game a flop I couldn't care less.

Since I bought this game October 25th it has been like a drug. I must have invested over 200 hours already into the main game, online and level creation tools. Most time I have spent with any game this gen and most since Disgaea on PS2.

Says enough for me.

I am still on right now. So those who are on the fence, just give the game a try, it is great bang for your buck and tons of fun.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

dougsdad0629 said:
Didn't read all of the posts in this thread. I just wanted to interject in case someone else hasn't that LBP is a brand new IP. You can't compare its sales to those of established franchise sequels. It's quite an enjoyable game and there's nothing else quite like it on the market. This is one of those games that should have great word of mouth. People who have it will talk about it to people who don't. I know I do.

Like always when someone use the "it's a new IP" excuse, I have only one thing to say: Crash Bandicoot.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
dougsdad0629 said:

Like always when someone use the "it's a new IP" excuse, I have only one thing to say: Crash Bandicoot.

Just curious. Other than Galaxy, how many platformers have sold well this gen?

How is Banjo doing?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

sega4life said:
kutasek said:
It's quite too biased, to take it seriously. Sure LBP didn't do as much as i like too, but calling it flop, is crap.

are you serious?

For the (hype) surrounding this game, not to mention the endless "Will be huge" posts and sig, sigs. (not just on this site)

It can be easily considered a flop.

So we judge the success of a game, based on someone's sigs and posts. If Little Big Planet, is flop, than what the hell is Banjo.