By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ANECDOTAL - what I found at Super Target today. How 'bout your stores?

already have a thread for my store.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

There have been several reports of blu-ray selling like crazy on black friday.

mM

No Super Target, but at my local Best Buy they were out of Wii's, but still had a bunch of 360 elites and PS3's.

I also saw something else I'd never seen before, but there was a Microsoft employee hanging out in the 360 section answering questions about the xbox and offering to help people.

leo-j said:
There have been several reports of blu-ray selling like crazy on black friday.

I saw one elderly couple walking out of the store with 3 identical BR players.  Now that the prices are finally becoming more reasonable sales of standalone players should pick up.

I have not checked Target but at my local Walmart today they had 1 Wii, 1 60GB 360 and 3 160GB PS3.

BluRay was almost completely wiped out, which is surprising after reading many "Not so Blu Holiday 2008" articles the last month or so.

My parents are even talking about Blu Ray players this past week, saying how prices are under $200 at some stores in my area and they are thinking of picking one up now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
matt247 said:
kn said:
matt247 said:
There's super targets? Are you sure it wasn't a super walmart because I've never heard of a super target.

Yep, super target.  They are just like a super walmart.  Full grocery store and full target all under one roof.

Interesting, they must have started doing that since there are none in my area and I live next to a city with a million population. And the city I live in has a super walmart and our population is about 50,000

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp?title=store_locator_new

Go there, check the little "supertarget" box and see if there is one anywhere near you.  The ones near me have the little "super" on the sign in green and they are, of course, enormous.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Blu-Ray is interesting in that the players appear to be selling, but what about media? Target seemed to have been picked clean, but is Joe Six Pack going to buy $25 discs very often or will they just rent? I'm in the latter category. I love watching blu-rays but I definitely won't pay the steep price for them. I just rent them instead. I have about 150-200 DVDs and 2 blu-rays with no intention of expanding my library until they are pretty much even in price.

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

De85 said:
I also saw something else I'd never seen before, but there was a Microsoft employee hanging out in the 360 section answering questions about the xbox and offering to help people.

What a rip-off of Apple Genius! :D

MDMAniac said:
De85 said:

What a rip-off of Apple Genius! :D

Microsoft has been doing this since the 80's... This is the first I've ever heard of it for the Xbox, but Microsoft has always had a team of field people for products that go around and "help" people make a purchase decision.  Though they don't seem to do it at the retail level much, in the early 90's, you couldn't go into a major software retailer like a comp usa or something without seeing a rep on site.  Often they would give away free product during their visit.  I scored Microsoft office once from a rep at small software store location... Full Retail Pack of Office...

I hate trolls.