By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name All Consoles in 12 Minutes

Thatmax said:
32 with no help. Also any1 else find it almost shocking that 25% of people forgot the gamecube??? 0_0

Psh... i was just 1 of 10.8% that forgot about the Wii lmao!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I got 32 but actually I could get 34 BECAUSE the game don't know how to recognize the following:

Game & Watch (I should wrote "Nintendo game & watch")

DS/NDS (I should wrote "Nintendo DS")

44/68, ain't too bad! also, wtf are Master System 2, Bally Astrocade, and Mega Duck???? Mega Duck??!!!

I got 36, meh

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Got 30 without help.

Around the Network

32 without cheating. Obvious ones I missed the Virtual Boy, N-Gage and CDX.

Didn't miss the CD-i though (lol).

THEY didn't have the Pippin or Wonderswan.

Isn't Mega Duck the arch enemy of Darkwing Duck?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/Second_Negaduck.png/240px-Second_Negaduck.png" width="110" height="94">

They didn't include the Tiger Electronics R-Zone? I am amazed. Though not at its exclusion so much as at the fact that Tiger actually thought the R-Zone would qualify as anything resembling a worthwhile gaming device.

To answer a few stray questions about consoles, the Mega Duck was a derivative of the Watara Supervision, and was meant to be a "Game Boy killer" (much like the Watara Supervision itself was supposed to be). It was released in 1993 and did horribly. The Master System 2 was a redesign of the original Master System, which was technically the SG-1000 Mark III. SMS2 looked a lot more like the Genesis. Bally Astrocade was a short-lived console from 1983 that didn't get a lot of attention, and was one of the first "PC/console hybrid" systems.

Sega Nomad was actually a fairly well-known one, a handheld variant of the Genesis. Like its predecessor the Game Gear, it had horrible battery life and a very blurry screen. The LaserActive was and (accounting for inflation) still is the most expensive video game console ever released, and also the only system in history to include add-ons to play games from other systems which cost more than the actual systems that were being emulated. XaviXPort is basically just a cheap knock-off from 2004 that nobody remembers, and had only one noteworthy feature: wireless controllers. Tapwave Zodiac was another would-be "Game Boy killer" from 2001 that actually got a lot of revisions and eventually got mixed up to become a "DS killer". As you can imagine, it failed horribly.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Cheating? What the heck people?

I got a 33, would have been 34 if it would have accepted "Game & Watch" or "Game and Watch"...I figured it just wasn't on the list...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

A couple of times, I was typing something else and the thing would give me credit for something I wasn't even thinking of!! It still counts, though.