By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Computer Entertainment America, I hate you... (PSN Related)

Soriku said:
Yojimbo said:
Soriku said:
Munkeh111 said:
I haven't played any of the PS1 FFs, and I thought FF VII is the best place to start and it is said to be the best game every by more people than say VIII or IX are the best games ever, and I have played CC

FF VII is overrated. Why I don't know. Is it because of the modern day setting? Cloud and Sephiroth (only cool in KH)? FF VIII and IX have a much better story, music, characters, world, and decent graphics unlike FF VII's, etc.

I understand if you dont like FFVII but liking FFVIII more is just wierd.

Might have to do with it being my first FF, as well as my first RPG :P The setting in FF VII just killed it for me personally. FF + modern = oh God no. But FF VIII it was more of a futuristic setting with still a lot of fantasy like sorceresses, all the monsters you had to fight (dragons, Marlboro, Iron dudes. Basically it was MUCH better than fighting robots and guys with shit guns a lot of the time.), etc. Plus the music is the best in the series while FF VII only has 2 decent tracks. I also liked the characters more (Zell and Laguna FTW!) and the graphics weren't ugly...so it was pretty good. Story was better too but there was some wholes :3

Out of Laguna's squad, Kiros was best IMO.

Other than that, Zell and Irvine top all.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Yojimbo said:
Soriku said:
Munkeh111 said:
I haven't played any of the PS1 FFs, and I thought FF VII is the best place to start and it is said to be the best game every by more people than say VIII or IX are the best games ever, and I have played CC

FF VII is overrated. Why I don't know. Is it because of the modern day setting? Cloud and Sephiroth (only cool in KH)? FF VIII and IX have a much better story, music, characters, world, and decent graphics unlike FF VII's, etc.

I understand if you dont like FFVII but liking FFVIII more is just wierd.

Might have to do with it being my first FF, as well as my first RPG :P The setting in FF VII just killed it for me personally. FF + modern = oh God no. But FF VIII it was more of a futuristic setting with still a lot of fantasy like sorceresses, all the monsters you had to fight (dragons, Marlboro, Iron dudes. Basically it was MUCH better than fighting robots and guys with shit guns a lot of the time.), etc. Plus the music is the best in the series while FF VII only has 2 decent tracks. I also liked the characters more (Zell and Laguna FTW!) and the graphics weren't ugly...so it was pretty good. Story was better too but there was some wholes :3

I take it your not chomping at the bit to play XIII then?

I want FF VIII as a PSOne Classic to come on the UK store as i think we are the worst for getting the updates on the store...

I made a thread similar to this about a month ago and I guess in Japan they had well over 200 (probably a lot more now) PS1 games on the PSN, and in American there was barely any?

Munkeh111 said:
Pristine20 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Gnizmo said:
I thought you coul create a profile for every region to get their content or did that change? Wouldn't help much with the RPGs admitedly, but it could score you Bushido Blade and MGS.

The difficulty is the payment method, if you import a voucher you can buy stuff in foreign stores

I find language to be the biggest difficulty

Well I set my US account up to get stuff earlier, so there is no language barrier there, but you don't get all the extra PSN games that way, so for PS1 classics the language would definitely stop me dead in my tracks

Can you read Japanese? I'm guessing the games in the JP PS store would be Japanese versions. It's not just buying the game. You still have to play it right?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Sony needs to really step their game up. I can't defend them any longer. It is getting very annoying on how they are not trying at all. They are getting closer to commiting suicide in the gaming industry.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY