By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil creator "probably won't play" Resident Evil 5

routsounmanman said:
CGI-Quality said:
I agree with him, I sure do not like the way the franchise has turned from true survival horror, to now being like just another shooter. Having said this I'll still buy it, but I miss the days of Zombies, Lickers, Hunters, The Tyrant etc, etc, etc. Resident Evil needs to be reinvented.

I'll just be glad if I can play a shooter-like Resi on PS3 and a classic Resi style Resi on the Wii. Split the franchise, Capcom!

I was just about to post that I hope Capcom release a proper Resident Evil game on Wii. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
routsounmanman said:
CGI-Quality said:
I agree with him, I sure do not like the way the franchise has turned from true survival horror, to now being like just another shooter. Having said this I'll still buy it, but I miss the days of Zombies, Lickers, Hunters, The Tyrant etc, etc, etc. Resident Evil needs to be reinvented.

I'll just be glad if I can play a shooter-like Resi on PS3 and a classic Resi style Resi on the Wii. Split the franchise, Capcom!

I was just about to post that I hope Capcom release a proper Resident Evil game on Wii.

I wish Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles sales are entice enough for Capcom to make the move; just don't make the series into another shooter fest Capcom.

In term of selling point :

RE5 >> RE4+3+2+1

u will see

it could even be game of the year 2009

Capcom 09 : monster hunter + sf4 + re5 = WIN

Time to Work !

RE5 = RE4.5 = RE4 in HD with a new chick and zombies on motorcycles :P

That said, I'd buy it if they made a Wii version. I'm not so sure I'll buy the 360 version.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

darthdevidem01 said:
I just don't get the hype for MGS4..

it just seems boring in every way right now...the grfx are good...but on par with GEOW 2....so thats not a selling point for it....the story seems boring...shooting soldiers has been done to death

there is no innovation like MGS4....just seems boring right now m afraid

Or I just don't get the hype for Halo 3...

it just seems boring in every way right now..the grfx are good...but on part with R2....so thats not a selling point for it...the story seems boring...shooting aliens has been done to death

there is no innovation like Halo 1....just seems boring right now m afraid.

AKA thats been said about every game.

and the reason no one has fear when playing the game is cause it dosnet have gawd awful tank controls and an awkard camera angle that shows you what you dont want to see when you could be getting attacked.

Around the Network

i am looking forward to resident evil 5 mostly because of the online co-op option, a 1st for the series. also the graphics look very good, i will give the game a chance and decide after that if i would give the series another chance later.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I'm only getting the game because I really loved RE4.

4 ≈ One

Lol I dont get the hate for RE5. its certainly better than all the cheap remakes wii is getting

EL_PATRAS said:
Lol I dont get the hate for RE5. its certainly better than all the cheap remakes wii is getting

Aren't you setting the bar a bit too low? Comparing a new game in a huge franchise against remakes...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

thats my man... mmm well he directed RE4 so he cant complain much cause i think the same about RE4 =O i have played all resident evils zero, 1, 2, nemesis, code veronica, 4 (mm i have beaten to resident evil umbrella chronicles and outbrake, but i knew that they werent going to be history driven games like RE5) and i have to say that the worst in my opinion from re 0, 1 , 2, nemesis, code ver, and 4, it would have to be RE4 (started good but then OMG sucked big time) for me its a disgrace to the series and man RE5 seems to push it on a worst way.. Its a shame but new RE shouldnt be called Resident Evils.. for me they suck, I might get it for co-op with friends or maybe i wont, but they will never be what they used to be... FOR ME RESIDENT EVIL GC REMAKE was by far the best resident evil ever, pretty graphics and damn scary.. LISA TREVOR at the cloudy forest =O omg that was intense and the zombies that went berzerkers if u didnt burn or chop their head off was a pretty good add on that made it scarier to walk over dead zombies =) man i just cant love that game more, its so awesome!