By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I made WalMart lose a few L4D sales for Steam L4D sales! lol

Its not the place of the checkout operator to do that.

If somebody had complained it would have been your ass on the line, I bet theres several rules specificially prohibiting what you did.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

If somebody had complained it would have been your ass on the line, I bet theres several rules specificially prohibiting what you did.

Wal-Mart managers are not anything if they aren't corrupt and lazy(lol, I know).

If a customer complained about him, he might not ever even hear about it. Manager will forget about it as soon as he's done reassuring the customer and ushering them out of his line of site.

Unfortunately, it's just a paycheck to them.

Now, try to do that at my job, in a phone center, and yer arse is fired. They record those calls. I also get paid alot to take their crap and abide by their crappy decisions though.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Squilliam said:

Wal-Mart managers are not anything if they aren't corrupt and lazy(lol, I know).

If a customer complained about him, he might not ever even hear about it. Manager will forget about it as soon as he's done reassuring the customer and ushering them out of his line of site.

Now, try to do that at my job, in a phone center, and yer arse is fired. They record those calls. I also get paid alot to take their crap and abide by their crappy decisions though.

It depends... If hes been given the order from above to cut costs by letting a few staff members go, im sure he'll remember exactly who the complaint was about.

Ewww, phone centres! "Put the plug in the jug."

"No, the socket for the plug is on the underside of the jug"

"Sorry, you have to orient the plug so it matches the outline on the jug"

"Orient means to turn the plug so the shape matches the shape on the socket and put it in"

"Thanks for your call, have a nice day"

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Squilliam said:

It depends... If hes been given the order from above to cut costs by letting a few staff members go, im sure he'll remember exactly who the complaint was about.

Ewww, phone centres! "Put the plug in the jug."

"No, the socket for the plug is on the underside of the jug"

"Sorry, you have to orient the plug so it matches the outline on the jug"

"Orient means to turn the plug so the shape matches the shape on the socket and put it in"

"Thanks for your call, have a nice day"

lol, I'd go into more detail, but I'm under a non-disclosure agreement, and they could cease my computer.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

They can play L4D on teh dell celeron laptop at 1 fps.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

SSJ, you do realize you're part of the problem, right? Your next step is to start working at Gamestop and tell people how stupid they are for buying Wiis.

Stop talking people into buying games on Steam. If they've never heard of Steam, they can't even half-ass run L4D on their computer. You probably sent those poor people away, having them thinking that "ZOMG, Steam > Console gaming, so glad someone enlightened me."

They're gonna be dissapointed, without exception. I repeat. You can't run L4D as it was meant to be played on a PC if you are too n00b to know what Steam is.

What you are telling people is an opinion. Telling people that L4D is better on THEIR computer is an uninformed OPINION that you are SELLING them.

...part of the problem, SSJ, part of the problem...

Introducting people to Steam is great though. If they never heard of steam, they've obviously never played Half-Life, Deus Ex, Fallout 3, Audiosurf, or Bloodlines. Maybe some good will come out of their dissapointment.

I asked if they had decent PCs... I wouldnt recommend a game for a PC thats running a centrino.

Trust it would have been more steam sales if I didnt say nevermind "you cant run it on decent settings but I can build you a PC"

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

With employee like you Wal-mart don't need to worry about competition.

Since your company is Walmart keep doing what you are doing. After all it's Valve that sign you paycheck oh wait ...

You are so pathetic.

mysticD said:
With employee like you Wal-mart don't need to worry about competition.

Since your company is Walmart keep doing what you are doing. After all it's Valve that sign you paycheck oh wait ...

You are so pathetic.

oh I hate working for WalMart. When I can get hired by Best Buy Ill be happy.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think the worst part about this whole thread is that you're bragging about it..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Thank god our cashiers here in Germany are unbiased