By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - I made WalMart lose a few L4D sales for Steam L4D sales! lol

customer: "I'll have this 360 version of L4D please."

ssj12: "Why buy that? The PC version is much superior in graphics and online support. You can get it via Steam." ("Damn you, Valve, for not making a PS3 version. So I'll make sure the 360 version won't succeed.")

customer: "Ah, ok." (Returns the 360 version back to shelf)

ssj12: "Bwahahahahahaaa" (sinister laugh)

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network
psrock said:
Hold up, your store didn't lose the sale, right. They just bought the pc version, yes?

sounds like he didn't, the thread title says a steam sale.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Well right now the two versions are pretty equal...the difference is going to come in the extra content from valve and the community down the road. The core experience is pretty similar all things considered, but the little extras put the PC version out in front if you have even a 4 year old PC or better.

To Each Man, Responsibility

SSJ, you do realize you're part of the problem, right? Your next step is to start working at Gamestop and tell people how stupid they are for buying Wiis.

Stop talking people into buying games on Steam. If they've never heard of Steam, they can't even half-ass run L4D on their computer. You probably sent those poor people away, having them thinking that "ZOMG, Steam > Console gaming, so glad someone enlightened me."

They're gonna be dissapointed, without exception. I repeat. You can't run L4D as it was meant to be played on a PC if you are too n00b to know what Steam is.

What you are telling people is an opinion. Telling people that L4D is better on THEIR computer is an uninformed OPINION that you are SELLING them.

...part of the problem, SSJ, part of the problem...

Introducting people to Steam is great though. If they never heard of steam, they've obviously never played Half-Life, Deus Ex, Fallout 3, Audiosurf, or Bloodlines. Maybe some good will come out of their dissapointment.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Cool, I guess. Game should be played on PC, but Steam? Whateva!

Around the Network
clerk said:
Cool, I guess. Game should be played on PC, but Steam? Whateva!

If a person has a 6 year old PC and a new Xbox 360, should it still be played on PC? Does SSJ12 know the state of any of the computers that belong to the people he sold on this suggestion? I'm asking you.

Anyway, what you or SSJ12 think, isn't relevant here. What is relevant is a store clerk pushing ideology and opinion about products, negatively, upon the consumer. Nobody likes that. No person in the world, likes that. Not a single one.

It's not cool. It's why people hate gamestop. It's why I want to stab gamestop.

It's also selective. Why not recommend people buy Fallout or WaW on the PC instead of the PS3? Why not making that a mission in life, forcing opinions upon people who you are supposed to be serving.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Blah blah blah, like always. If the player has a PC that can run HL2 smoothly, it should be played on PC. Happy now, dr. pretentious?

clerk said:
Blah blah blah, like always. If the player has a PC that can run HL2 smoothly, it should be played on PC. Happy now, dr. pretentious?

I don't know you, but I'm gonna guess that as usual, you missed the point entirely.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

^^
Enough you two, you gave your opinions, no need to badger each other about it.

To Each Man, Responsibility
ZenfoldorVGI said:
clerk said:

I don't know you, but I'm gonna guess that as usual, you missed the point entirely.

Thanks for supporting my pretentious claim. Clever much?