By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How to stop recurring monthly LIVE payment?

Euphoria14 said:
3rd call just made, I swear they do not let you cancel your account. They asked if I wanted to upgrade, I said no. They then asked if I had a friend or relative who can take over the subscription instead of me canceling it. Are you fucking kidding me?

I was then sent over to the billing department. She ended up asking me the same exact shit, even though I already gave my answers to those questions.

To make a long story short, I asked if my account will say "Renews on" and she assured me it will not and that I will no longer have auto renewal on my account.

Alright, everything seemed to go right this time so I hop onto Xbox.com to double check.

Lo and behold, my account says "Renews on Jan 1st, 2009".

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!!

"Friend or relative who can take over subscription instead of cancelling" WTH, what BS Is microsoft trying to pull seriously , i'd give them a right mouthful if I Were you. >_>

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
Euphoria14 said:
3rd call just made, I swear they do not let you cancel your account. They asked if I wanted to upgrade, I said no. They then asked if I had a friend or relative who can take over the subscription instead of me canceling it. Are you fucking kidding me?

I was then sent over to the billing department. She ended up asking me the same exact shit, even though I already gave my answers to those questions.

To make a long story short, I asked if my account will say "Renews on" and she assured me it will not and that I will no longer have auto renewal on my account.

Alright, everything seemed to go right this time so I hop onto Xbox.com to double check.

Lo and behold, my account says "Renews on Jan 1st, 2009".

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!!

"Friend or relative who can take over subscription instead of cancelling" WTH, what BS Is microsoft trying to pull seriously , i'd give them a right mouthful if I Were you. >_>

their service sadly is still very far ahead of AOL until they got sued in federal court.... on a side note you could message the consumerist over this, its the type of thing they help deal with

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I guess I have to call... yet again and have them remove both credit cards from my account.

The way things are going though I guarantee they will do just that and then one day my account will be banned and they will say it is because they could not charge me for LIVE.

Nothing is out of the question right now.

This is why I fucking avoided LIVE like the plague for the last 10 months in which I owned a 360.

Seriously, how does anyone defend this type of shit?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Account Summary

Contact Information

Complete

Membership Level

Gold Membership

Renews on: 1/1/2009                          <----- WTF IS THIS?!!!!!!!

Microsoft Points Balance

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!