By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I dislike Sony: Long Post

I'm likely going to be banned for this but I just need to get this off my chest.  I really can't say I hate Sony because they used to have some good hardware in the 90's.  Hell even the PS1 was fairly solid in my eyes.  But as time has gone by my opinion of them is going down and down.

1.) My old Vaio

I never had a computer crash as often as my Sony Vaio.  I currently own 2 Dell Desktops, 1 Toshiba Labtop, and one Compaq Desktop and they haven't crashed in several months.  My old Vaio, on the other hand, crashed once every month I owned it.  On top of that, the motherboard fried.. but I can't really blame Sony for that.. can I?

2.) The Uprooting of the Dreamcast

Much like people say the Wii only says because of the gimmicky controller, I think the bulk of PS2 sales were for its gimmicky DVD player.  I honestly believe the PS2 would have been more competitive with the Dreamcast if it didn't have the DVD player.  Damn you Sony, you killed one of my favorite consoles of all time.

3.) Sony actually copying Ninty

Yes I said it.

If it wasn't for N64 controller being announced, this would have been the Playstation one controller.  Notice the lack of Dual analog.  Doesn't look familar?

A hybrid of 2 Ninty controllers.. tisk tisk.

Also..

Hmm..

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees something wrong here.

4.) Where's the Japanese love?

They release a grill and have limited games for the Japanese audience.  Of course HD gaming is dying in that region.  My advice, work on a smaller PS3 and "Moneyhat" some JRPG's.  Japanese gaming may be in decline but at the very least try to release something... Legend of the Dragoon HD maybe?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

That wasn't very long.

But you managed to cram an impressive amount of stupidity in there regardless.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
That wasn't very long.

But you managed to cram an impressive amount of stupidity in there regardless.

It would seem I have..

Pixel Art can be fun.

since this is your opinion,i will respect it except i do have have one concern about the hardware designs for the controller and psp...all console controllers have the basic button layout and overall design(except for the wii).sega genesis looks very similar to the snes design, and the n-gauge looks exactly like the psp(with more buttons) the design is basically the same.

I'd agree about the Vaios. They're just poor quality.

However, if I was going to hate Sony for some reason, I'd hate them for the all of the very misleading PR. When they killed the dreamcast, they did it by lying about the PS2's power. With the PS3, they did exactly the same thing. Sony can't help themselves -- they continually overpromise and underdeliver.

The thing is, they've suffered for it. Most people aren't stupid enough to buy into the hype the second time. Sure, you'll still find a few people who think there is some magic power in the PS3 somewhere and it will show itself at some future point when suddenly all PS3 games look much better than 360 games.

But for the most part, people are smart.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:

3.) Sony actually copying Ninty

Yes I said it.

If it was for N64 controller being announced, this would have been the Playstation one controller.  Notice the lack of Dual analog.  Doesn't look familar?

Dude that IS the playstion controller.. I still have 2 of them.. the Dualshock appeared later...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

TheBigFatJ said:
I'd agree about the Vaios. They're just poor quality.

However, if I was going to hate Sony for some reason, I'd hate them for the all of the very misleading PR. When they killed the dreamcast, they did it by lying about the PS2's power. With the PS3, they did exactly the same thing. Sony can't help themselves -- they continually overpromise and underdeliver.

The thing is, they've suffered for it. Most people aren't stupid enough to buy into the hype the second time. Sure, you'll still find a few people who think there is some magic power in the PS3 somewhere and it will show itself at some future point when suddenly all PS3 games look much better than 360 games.

But for the most part, people are smart.

I said dislike not hate.  Also I see what you're saying. 

People are not smart.. why is the Wii selling erradically well.. /sarcasm

Pixel Art can be fun.

Great thread man, very funny stuff. I just hope you're not kidding.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I never had a computer crash as often as my Sony Vaio.  I currently own 2 Dell Desktops, 1 Toshiba Labtop, and one Compaq Desktop and they haven't crashed in several months.  My old Vaio, on the other hand, crashed once every month I owned it.  On top of that, the motherboard fried.. but I can't really blame Sony for that.. can I?

You cant blame sony. The problem on every pc, is not the computer, ITS WINDOWS...Microsoft always made sh...Windows make fuck every computer, if you want a good computer, buy a Mac from apple.

Final Fantasy huge... watch my collection

Oh... Final Fantasy huge only on SONY system !

The DC's death is mostly because of Sega, not Sony.