By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So I think I like Left4Dead better on the 360...

I know it's blasphemy to like a FPS better on a console than a PC.

I got L4D for Steam on launch day and loved it to death.  On a whim I decided to try L4D on the 360 today and I think I loved it even more.

The controls took a little while to get use to and I think I may switch the quick turn and reload buttons if it will let me and possibly move the crouch button but they are actually really good.  I was a little afraid at first so I stayed with the shotgun but I later moved to the rifle and it felt pretty good.  It's a little harder to hit really far targets (really noticed on the hospital roof) but that was it.

So once I figured out the controls I tried a random game with random people...and it sucked.  One of the people refused to leave those apartments near the start of No Mercy.  We got all the way to the safe room and he was still somehow in the apartments (and surviving!).  We went all the way back as far as we could, he finally dropped down, and then found another corner.  Oh, and then there was also the idiot that decided to throw a molotov *at* the players when they were surrounded by zombies (he actually thought he was being helpful).  Fucktard.

Since he was the host we couldn't do much about it so we all just left.

After that, I tried another random game with people.  The game started and someone dropped but we went on.  A few minutes later someone else joined in and it was great.

We made our way up to the roof and died the first time.  Next time we had a little better plan and stuck together and made it through with all four players alive.

Anyways, I haven't tried Vs. on the 360 yet, but after playing through a campaign at least I actually really like the 360 version a lot better.  The controls were great!  I don't think I've ever liked a FPS this much on a console since Metroid Prime 3.  I can't wait to actually play it with some friends.

Around the Network

I buy almost all my FPS games on 360 now, though at heart I'm a born and raised PC Shooter. I do it because to me, the controller just feels more natural, and Xbox LIVE has all my friends on it. And because I like to play inverted :)

So your not alone, the controller for Left 4 Dead makes it easier. Though I do remember fondly back to the days of Doom II, Halo CE and Call of Duty 1 multiplayer on PC.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

How is Left 4 Dead better? You've explained why its as good maybe, but I don't see how you think its better.

This is interesting.

Tease.

Im sorry I know this is offtopic, but fishy joe banned someone for being somewhat offensive in his sig, now Squiilliam's signature is very offensive to those that read it, why doesnt he get the same treatment?

mM

Someone had to say it! =P

edit: @Leo,

I would have to know who else got banned and for what to compare the two, but my guess is that someone reported the other guy and nobody has reported Squilliam.  If you have a problem with it you really should report it or PM a mod and be specific about which part you're finding offensive.  Anyways back on topic in this thread please~

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Squilliam said:
How is Left 4 Dead better? You've explained why its as good maybe, but I don't see how you think its better.

This is interesting.

I think it's a mixture of playing it on my couch with the better sound and the fact the controller just feels so good with the game.  I like it better than mouse and keyboard for that game.

Yeah, I´m having a blast playing L4D on my 360.

leo-j said:
Im sorry I know this is offtopic, but fishy joe banned someone for being somewhat offensive in his sig, now Squiilliam's signature is very offensive to those that read it, why doesnt he get the same treatment?

I think it's a mod by mod thing.  If you're talking about the person I think you're talking about (the one with the freaky animated gif?) I can kind of see it but I also believe it's the internet and there are some things people should just accept. 

If you have a problem with the ban, please talk to Naz or Fishy about it, if you have a problem with Squilliam's sig, report it.  I don't personally have a problem with it (mainly because I love your mom jokes) but never any hurt in trying.

It's like the PC cannot use gamepads or the 360/PS3 controller... oh wait...

Almost everytime a game is available on consoles and PC, i get the PC version, i have hooked up my rig to the HDTV, so i play the game at maximum settings (except when it is Crysis XD XD XD ) and don't look back...

Sqrl said:

Someone had to say it! =P

Aww. I liked the kitty one better. Never seen it before, and cat pics are generally amusing. Change it back!