By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How can Ben 10 sell 2.5 million but core games flop?

isnt ben10 that dumb cartoon ?

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

Around the Network
Untouch said:
I wouldn't say boom blox flopped.
500k is good for a new IP third party game.

Almost 600k according to this site. It will climb an unknown amount. So really not bad for a new IP.

BTW, Call of Duty has sold 110k so far.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=23991&region=All

A less than 50% drop in the US, and actually selling better in Others.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Core games flop?

de Blob looks like it could sell good, Star Wars The Force Unleashed is selling good, All Lego games are selling good, The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return is selling good with a sequel/spin-off on the way, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is selling okay, 007: Quantum of Solace and Call of Duty: World at War both has a good start right now, Sonic Unleashed probably will sell good, Ghost Squad has sold Gold, No More Heroes has made a profit and will have a sequel.

Things could be better, I know. But more Core games will sell good and less will crash and burn at low numbers. Looking at Third Party sales overall we see Third Party games rivaling Nintendo games in sales. Next year we will see many core games not only escaping from flop status, but also getting descent to great sales.

To a degree I think "so what if Casual/Shovelware games sell more than many Core games", I think it's good every time a Core game reaches up to 500k, and even better if beyond. And that we will see much much more, as Wii installbase grows.

Looks like we finally have the Halo killer.

Around the Network

I just find it interesting people who automatically think the worst about the Wii -- and many of them own the console.

Also, Boom Blox appears to have a sequel under development, so it must have done OK as well.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

It's always interesting to watch the shake-up that occurs when a new paradigm is set in the industry. Back in the late 1980s (I keep coming back to that, I know, but let's face it, it's inevitable), the idea that anything not related to turn-based strategy, adventure, flight simulation, stats-centric sports, D&D-derived RPGs, or action gaming could succeed struck the then-incumbent enthusiast gamers as impossible. They could not understand how platformers, JRPGs, KETMs, simple sports, and puzzle games were so popular on the NES, yet all of the games in the aforementioned "popular" genres of the day seemed to fail horribly on it.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Dgc1808 said:
The shows pretty popular with young gamers [very young]. And most gamers are 13 and under [I think] so... I'm not too surprised.

I thought the average gamer was around 30?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org